Easy ETF

Dman

Hi Folks,
I've been reading an number of threads within the site on ETF's as I'm quite keen to invest in Commodities and maybe the European property market this seems to be a good way to go.
I've also noticed from a couple of discussions that people mentioned a site 'Easy ETF' as a good way to buy ETF's.

There are 2 of their EFT's that I particular like the look of, but I'm a bit worried about investing with someone I know very little about e.g the company Easy EFT.

Has anyone else brought ETF's via 'Easy ETF'?
Was it straight forward?
How did you find them?
Anything I should be aware of?
Was it easy to resell the ETF's?
Is there somewhere else you would recommend to buy ETF's instead?
Are ETF's are suitable investment vehicle for someone investing around €4,000 per ETF?

Thanks for your help.

Had a look at the website and was impressed with the number of ETF's that are on offer. The ETF based on Agri commodities looks very interesting given that there is only on way the price of milk and grain are going at the moment.

To buy shares in these ETF's you are going to have to go through a broker (Goodbody etc) with trades costing up to €100 per transaction it could work out expensive.

Regarding your question about investing €4,000, this very much depends on what percentag of your total savings this 4k represents. I think that investing more than 15% of ones total savings in commodities is risky.

Good luck.

Ok, I couldn't really see how that worked.
So to buy one of their ETF's you can't buy them directly, you need to buy them via a stock broker?
I've used Sharewatch before to buy shares from the Irish and English stock market. I don't think I can buy ETF's via them.
Is there anyone in particular people would recommend for buying these types of ETF's?

The ETF based on Agri commodities looks very interesting given that there is only on way the price of milk and grain are going at the moment.

I believe that the there is a large tracking error between the soft commodity ETF's and the underlying futures,that the ETF is failing to return the same level as the futures due to the peculiarities of rolling commodities futures contracts.

DrunkMania,

I think a lot of people using the site may not be au fait with the concept of tracking errors in an ETF fund. That said it's a point well made. On the flip side such an ETF does give the ordinary punter exposure to the commodity market.

What I read,came across as serial underperformance as opposed to tracking error.I can t find where I originally read it so didnt want to come out too strong about it.

Back