Easing of Restrictions from 10th May

Unless I'm picking every quite restaurant or pub in London, from what I've observed the English are behaving much more sensible than what I've seen in the so called outside pub's /restaurant's in Ireland.

I see the government and the pubs /restaurants are planning on passing primary legislation to allow only vaccinated people to dine in doors..what a beautiful Republic we live in today!

Listening to Kingston Mills on newstalk this morning..logical from a virus control perspective having unvaccinated kid's attending lecture halls makes no sense..

He stated 30% infections are occurring in U18... Again no logical reason to allow in door dining for this cohort unless it's a pure economic reason and not to upset the middle classes with kids.

Listening to Kingston Mills on newstalk this morning..logical from a virus control perspective having unvaccinated kid's attending lecture halls makes no sense..

He stated 30% infections are occurring in U18... Again no logical reason to allow in door dining for this cohort unless it's a pure economic reason and not to upset the middle classes with kids.
It makes no sense re the virus.
Whatever about smaller kids who there is some evidence dont transmit the virus to the same extent... I havent heard anything to suggest secondary school age kids are any different than adults.

Alan Kelly is opposed to confining indoor dining to the fully vaccinated because it is "discriminatory".

His solution is to ramp up vaccination.

But given that only 55% of adults are fully vaccinated, how does he think the rest will be fully vaccinated in two weeks.

Last edited:

There are no plans to vaccinate under 18s. Certainly no plans to vaccinate under 12s at any stage in the future. So what exactly does he want to do with these cohorts? Keep them locked down until they reach the age of 18??

Alan Kelly is opposed to confining indoor dining to the fully vaccinated because it is "discriminatory".

But given that only 55% of adults are fully vaccinated, how does he think the rest will be fully vaccinated in two weeks.
Alan is like FF in opposition Michael understands,

There are no plans to vaccinate under 18s. Certainly no plans to vaccinate under 12s at any stage in the future. So what exactly does he want to do with these cohorts? Keep them locked down until they reach the age of 18??
If the EU gives approval by August I think there will be vaccines available for 12/17 years old.

I don't think hes advocating that , anyway most children have been back to school and while some got covid very few were severely sick.

The proposed rules for indoor dining have said that children can enter with family, the details I didn't read .

AK23.5 isn't known for making sensible choices or developing sensible policies/plans.

While the Irish population have been great at taking vaccine todate I'd imagine that there will be a far higher degree of vaccine hesitation for the 12 to 18 age cohort. Parents will be reluctant to give their children any of the approved vaccines (only pfizer at the moment). I'm nervous of giving my only child one.

Wait until the staff have been offered vaccinations.
If you are going to let teenagers in you may as well let everyone indoors.

While the Irish population have been great at taking vaccine todate I'd imagine that there will be a far higher degree of vaccine hesitation for the 12 to 18 age cohort. Parents will be reluctant to give their children any of the approved vaccines (only pfizer at the moment). I'm nervous of giving my only child one.
Small thing to think about Pfizer are really good with children vaccines and they fully understand that children's immune systems aren't as robust as adults and they take that into account.

Historically problems with pediatric vaccines were nearly all to do with the adjuvant, or gunk as I call it, in traditional vaccines.

MNRA vaccine technology is new yes, but it's a totally different technology.

Of course there are risks but all vaccines including the 3 in 1, Polio, to name 2 that are given every day.

Wait until the staff have been offered vaccinations.
If you are going to let teenagers in you may as well let everyone indoors.

Not really since a 13 year old unvaccinated person is not going to be propping up the bar knocking back pints compared to a unvaccinated 22 year old. So it's not really comparable. A 13 year old is not going to be going for dinner with his friends from numerous different households like an unvaccinated 19 year old.

If we are going to go down this ridiculous route of needing a vaccine cert to sit in coffee shop then allowing people under 18 who don't have a choice whether to be vaccinated or not is the correct decision.

My niece is 13 years old and her dad works for Pfizer. She received her vaccination. Seems they are not waiting around for approval from this Country.

Last edited:
Pfizer have vaccinated all employees and families who wanted it age's ago.

13 yr old goes on sleepovers, living with older and younger siblings etc...

30% of all cases are u18..they are catching it somewhere and we all have seen how droplets travel in confined indoor spaces and most independent coffee shops around the country are small in nature..

Lets be honest and admit its a pure economic reason for letting youngsters eat indoors and accept the risk and hope deaths or ICU cases won't go through the roof

Small thing to think about Pfizer are really good with children vaccines and they fully understand that children's immune systems aren't as robust as adults and they take that into account.

Historically problems with pediatric vaccines were nearly all to do with the adjuvant, or gunk as I call it, in traditional vaccines.

MNRA vaccine technology is new yes, but it's a totally different technology.

Of course there are risks but all vaccines including the 3 in 1, Polio, to name 2 that are given every day.
Measles is an RNA virus. It is highly infectious but it doesn't mutate. The vaccine is very effective and safe for children.

My niece is 13 years old and her dad works for Pfizer. She received her vaccination. Seems they are not waiting around for approval from this Country.
The vaccine is not approved for use for under 18. My wife is a Snr Director of Pfizer and she was involved in the vaccination development and I can assure you that Pfizer would not give an unapproved vaccine to someone especially children.

Pfizer have vaccinated all employees and families who wanted it age's ago.

13 yr old goes on sleepovers, living with older and younger siblings etc...

30% of all cases are u18..they are catching it somewhere and we all have seen how droplets travel in confined indoor spaces and most independent coffee shops around the country are small in nature..

Lets be honest and admit its a pure economic reason for letting youngsters eat indoors and accept the risk and hope deaths or ICU cases won't go through the roof
Pfizer program is still going and I only got my second at the end of June, so today is my" immunity day ". I would have been quicker going through the HSE, but as my adult children were getting it we decided to go together........

Our average death rate for Covid19 for the last 3 months has been between 1 and 2 per week.
It's reasonable to suggest that most or all of those people were dying anyway since the vulnerable, old and fat have all been vaccinated.

If the average remains at that level for another month is it time to just open everything up and go back to normal?

But we don’t really know the number of cases and deaths since the cyberattack.

According to the [broken link removed]

“The reported epidemiology of COVID-19, including the daily number of COVID-19 cases and the 14-day incidence reports, is normally based on the notifications to the Computerised Infectious Disease Reporting (CIDR) system.

The cyber-attack on the HSE on 14 May 2021 has prevented the routine notification of cases, associated deaths and outbreaks of COVID-19 to CIDR.

As an interim measure, provisional epidemiological reports will be prepared based on the information captured by the HSE COVID Care Tracker.

Please note that these data do not represent notified cases and have not undergone the data validation procedures undertaken through CIDR.

For this reason, data in this report may differ from that previously reported based on CIDR data for this period. Similarly, future data reported for this period may differ from that presented in this report.

As soon as all COVID-19 surveillance systems are restored, surveillance staff in laboratories, the Departments of Public Health and HPSC will work together to retrospectively collate and validate COVID-19 cases, outbreaks and deaths diagnosed and/or notified during this period”

If the average remains at that level for another month is it time to just open everything up and go back to normal?
Yes. In any event, once everyone has been offered a vaccine it is time to revert to normal and bin the vaccine passport.

Back