Easing of Restrictions from 10th May

Yes. In any event, once everyone has been offered a vaccine it is time to revert to normal and bin the vaccine passport.
I think we'll need the vaccine certificate as there is a cohort of people who think Bill Gates is putting a tracker in your body and having a way of knowing who they are is great.

If enough people are vaccinated does it really matter if there are some that refuse? they shouldn't be any threat to the vaccinated or am I wrong. There are people who genuinely are afraid to take the vaccine and I don't think they should be punished. I personally don't like the way the government are rushing through some of the legislation, I know it is an emergency and needs must, hopefully there is an end in sight.

Disclaimer: I am due my second jab of moderna tomorrow and not anti-government or a conspiracy theorist!

There are people who genuinely are afraid to take the vaccine and I don't think they should be punished.
No, but if they choose to put themselves and others at risk by being irrational they should have to continue to wear masks, not be able to dine/drink indoors etc.

No, but if they choose to put themselves and others at risk by being irrational they should have to continue to wear masks, not be able to dine/drink indoors etc.
Not sure I agree, we can all potentially put people at risk with other virus' flu etc. and are not forced to do anything. Is COVID more lethal to someone vaccinated against it then flu to someone not vaccinated against flu. There are also thousands of young adults that never received the MMR and they are not being victimized or discriminated against.

What risk does an unvaccinated person pose to someone that is vaccinated (genuine question) and is this not a level of risk we should be able to tolerate. Even if they pass the virus to someone that is vaccinated the chances of them being hospitalized now seems extremely low and dying I would think is close to zero.

Not sure I agree, we can all potentially put people at risk with other virus' flu etc. and are not forced to do anything.
The seasonal flu doesn't kill as many people as Covid19. Certainly people working in healthcare settings should be compelled to take the flu vaccine.
Is COVID more lethal to someone vaccinated against it then flu to someone not vaccinated against flu.
Yes.
There are also thousands of young adults that never received the MMR and they are not being victimized or discriminated against.
That's because their parents were/are idiots so it's not fair to punish them.
What risk does an unvaccinated person pose to someone that is vaccinated (genuine question)
More than someone who is vaccinated.
and is this not a level of risk we should be able to tolerate.
Yes, but we should minimise that risk by taming a vaccine.
Even if they pass the virus to someone that is vaccinated the chances of them being hospitalized now seems extremely low and dying I would think is close to zero.
There are some vulnerable people who cannot receive a vaccine. Unvaccinated people are putting them at a greater risk. That's not okay.

I think the vast majority of people are doing the right things tbh..

Our vaccination rates are hugely impressive with kids in 16-18 group now getting doses into arms.. Friends kids.

If the cohort between 16-30 achieve 80% vaccine rates and we can get half of the 12-15 group then we will have achieved herd immunity and with planned booster shots in the autumn for the vulnerable, I think we shouldn't focus on the few who don't get vaccinated for whatever reason and celebrate the millions of people who have got vaccinated to protect themselves but in many cases to protect others

I think the vast majority of people are doing the right things tbh..

Our vaccination rates are hugely impressive with kids in 16-18 group now getting doses into arms.. Friends kids.

If the cohort between 16-30 achieve 80% vaccine rates and we can get half of the 12-15 group then we will have achieved herd immunity and with planned booster shots in the autumn for the vulnerable, I think we shouldn't focus on the few who don't get vaccinated for whatever reason and celebrate the millions of people who have got vaccinated to protect themselves but in many cases to protect others
I agree but the fact is that the people who refuse to get vaccinated are putting other people at risk for no good reason. Therefore while there are cases being reported they should have to remain masked and should not be allowed into restaurants and pubs.
I also believe that children who don't get the BCG shouldn't be allowed into schools and playgrounds but that's a different matter.
In general people who put others at risk because they are stupid should be penalised. We do it with drunk drivers, we don't allow smoking in enclosed public places. This is just more of that sort of thing.

I agree with some of the things you say but calling people stupid because they have concerns over a vaccine is a bit harsh. There is a lot of misinformation which doesn't help. There will cases of COVID for the foreseeable future and we may never be able to eliminate it so we will have to learn to live with it. In my opinion discriminating against people is not going to help, fine in the short term until enough people are vaccinated but after that we need to get back to normal living.

calling people stupid because they have concerns over a vaccine is a bit harsh.
Why? What else would you call it? There's more than enough factual information out there to let people know that it's very safe.

Well now would you say that to the parents who gave their children the swine vaccine a few years ago and ended up with serious disabilities....the guilt must be terrible. High Court cases have been settled for some of these cases..

Fyi - double vaccinated and I'm 95% certain of giving my 15 yr old pfizer vaccine if she's willing to take it (think she will say bring it on asap)

Well now would you say that to the parents who gave their children the swine vaccine a few years ago and ended up with serious disabilities....the guilt must be terrible. High Court cases have been settled for some of these cases..
Yes I would, if they were silly (stupid) enough to think that this was in any way similar. The H1N1 vaccine skipped large scale human trails.
Even with that the risk of narcolepsy from the Swine Flu vaccine was about one in fifty five thousand.

The mRNA vaccines are completely new and intrinsically safer.10 minutes on the internet will satisfy any rational person that this is different.
Fyi - double vaccinated and I'm 95% certain of giving my 15 yr old pfizer vaccine if she's willing to take it (think she will say bring it on asap)
I'll follow the advice of the EMA when it comes to vaccinating my children.

Looks like nphet are preparing to leave the stage , the all encompassing ultra powerful body (by irish standards) has signalled the end of restrictions and their involvement with them . They have become very optimistic about the big drop in cases in the UK now despite them opening up their economy and society. They made a very significant statement which RTE reported as a by the way at the very end of the report. Once vaccinations have reached the critical mass and the numbers of cases have fallen off there will be no need for prescriptive rules and it will be back to personal responsibility about what level of risk you want to expose yourself too. It looks like the "old normal" is returning alot faster than many are expecting

Looks like nphet are preparing to leave the stage , the all encompassing ultra powerful body (by irish standards) has signalled the end of restrictions and their involvement with them . They have become very optimistic about the big drop in cases in the UK now despite them opening up their economy and society. They made a very significant statement which RTE reported as a by the way at the very end of the report. Once vaccinations have reached the critical mass and the numbers of cases have fallen off there will be no need for prescriptive rules and it will be back to personal responsibility about what level of risk you want to expose yourself too. It looks like the "old normal" is returning alot faster than many are expecting
This is just their builders holiday... I am hearing I'll Be Back from the musical Hamilton reading your post... in time for Christmas.

Interestingly Minister Ryan is talking about offices re-opening in September.

Google have announced a policy that only vaccinated staff can attend their offices in the US, and are examining if feasible to roll this out in other locations.

Looks like we are now allowed gatherings of 200 outside along with at long last live music, this is great news. We can thank Katherine zappone for that, the government has been embarrassed into easing of restrictions thanks to their own stupidity. It seems that the government needs to be dragged kicking and screaming in order to relax the restrictions. They didn't need to consult nphet either , when their own necks are on the line nphet becomes irrelevant.

We now have a route out of restrictions thankfully mainly due to vaccinations

Back