Eagle Star Special Savings Plus

Merlin

Hi there,
I have been advised that the plan above would be good for investing up to 10K for at least 5 years. I currently have the money in a rabobank deposit account but am looking for best possible returns...
Now that whole plan sounds quite complicated to me and as if I would have to constantly monitor the funds and possibly switch .. Can anyone advise if this is indeed a good option to put some money for someone who is not exactly interested in "managing" finances ?
thanks very much
Irina

Merlin said:
I have been advised that the plan above would be good for investing up to 10K for at least 5 years.

Who advised you? Someone from Eagle Star?

Merlin said:
Now that whole plan sounds quite complicated to me and as if I would have to constantly monitor the funds and possibly switch.

Yikes. Enough to put me off in that sentence alone.

The plan is competitivel priced, especially if you can kick start it with €7,500 and continue to save on a regular monthly basis. There are exit penalties in the first 5 years and you cannot buy it as a nil-commission product. Make sure there is no trailer commission attached to the plan.

I would have thought that you should be thinking longer term with this type of product. You should also formulate an investment strategy, based on your attitude to risk, from the outset and stick to it. Then you wont have to 'manage' it yourself.

You have access to a plethora of funds (both actively and passively managed).

Thanks to you both CCOVICH & F. Krueger,

Advice doesn't come from Eagle star - I'm blond but not that blond:)
Got it from a financial adviser whom I contacted because all the products on offer by the banks don't seem to give you good ROI's at all....
Will ask him a few more questions as well...

M.

all the products on offer by the banks don't seem to give you good ROI's at all....
How can you know a priori that this one will be different? Presumably returns will be based on the performance of the assets in which it invests and this cannot be predicted in advance on any such product. Personally I generally don't like (a) complex products (b) complex/highg chargin structures and (c) fixed investment terms and would often be more inclined towards a low charges unit linked fund (possibly an index tracker rather than actively managed).

Back