Eagle Star Personal Pension Advice Plan

Happy Girl

EagleStar have recommended their Personal Pension Advice Plan to me to enable my employer to make contributions (yet to be decided) to my pension in addition to my contributions (17% of net wages). I also have a dormant pension with them from a previous employer of about 14,000 which I can transfer to this plan. The deal is 97.25% allocation + 1% of the fund as annual management charge. Can anybody offer any advice on what kind of value for money this is in comparison to others plans and also what other questions do I need answered?

Are you sure it's a Personal Pension as opposed to a PRSA?

Are Eagle Star advising you on the pension/funds etc or are you making these decisions yourself?

Are you sure it's a Personal Pension as opposed to a PRSA?

Are Eagle Star advising you on the pension/funds etc or are you making these decisions yourself?

Yes this is the exact title of the scheme as per their e-mail to me. With regard to your second question I need to investigate further. I wanted to check if costs are reasonable enough before investigating further.

Personal Pension sounds unsuitable if your employer will be contributing.

Deal sounds poor value unless you are getting a good deal of advice from ES - and it sounds like you are not if you are posting messages here!

Am beginnign to think this whole pensions thing is more hassle than it's worth. Have just been on to eagle star who seem reluctant to let me transfer my old dormant pension with them to this new one they are recommending. Say no need to as all my funds are with Eagle Star. Would I just be better off lobbing bout 400pm into PRSA and ask my employer to contribute. Am bamboozled at this stage. Can anybody advise simply and impartially what might be the best option for me.

Back