test - can anyone else attach an image in this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to figure out why some people can't post images in this forum.

1657014551467.png
I am trying to figure out if it's a user or user group issue.

Could a few more of you try to post images.

Thanks

Brendan

I'm on another forum that requires users to upload photos to a facility like photobucket, and then use the URL to link the photo to a post on the forum. Perhaps a similar setting applies here?

Imaginaryfriend.jpgUsing the Insert Image icon beside the Insert Link and dropping the file when prompted.

For me Insert Image only allows me to enter a http URL.

I can't browse to a file or drop one into the popup.

Nor can I drop an image into the main textbox.

Tried on firefox and edge on desktop & chrome on android mobile.

6qW2XkuI_400x400.png
Url only

In another forum, I now see the insert image was updated with a drop image / click here option, but not here on this forum. Is it on a per-forum basis?

I just get the insert image from url but that may be an issue because I'm a new account.

It'll be a permission issue either on a per forum basis, usergroup or both! I've every sympathy with you as forum permissions are an absolute head wreak. It's something I'm a little familiar with.

I've every sympathy with you as forum permissions are an absolute head wreak.

That is reassuring. They make me feel stupid.

The permissions look exactly the same for this group for both forums, but there is obviously some difference.

I have asked a technical guy to look into it and fix it.

Brendan

Sorry to have been the inadvertent cause of an issue costing so much time and effort Brendan

[edit] sorry about the name mangle - fixed

Last edited:
Hi mathepac

It's not your fault at all. I presume that others tried to attach images, and didn't bother reporting the problem.

Brendan

There is a change to my personal preferences on the web-site.

I never got emailed about new posts in a thread I started or contributed to until a [EDIT] couple of [[/EDIT] days ago, but now I do. I can promise you I never made that change in my user-account level preferences as I haven't messed with the control panel in years; I've had no need to, the site worked well for me as configured for donkey's years.

Do you want me to change that setting which if I remember correctly is at the user-account level control-panel? There may also be one at the forum or thread level but to the best of my recollection I've never messed with those, if they exist.

Do you need my permission to fiddle with those? If you do you and your tech support people have it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back