Dromore West, Sligo

We used to have a house near there..the village has 2 pubs, 1 shop/garage and not a lot else but the location is beautiful! We were outside Skreen which is before Dromore West on the Sligo side of the Ballina Road. There are plenty of beaches though a bit stoney, Ox mountains behind you and close to Sligo town (about 2o mins). Are you thinking of buying here?

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am thinking of buying here. How far away is the beach? Did you ever drink in the pubs, what are they like?

Well the best pub in my opinion in this region is Maggie Mays at Aughris Head, it is a thatched cottage, an oldfisherman's pub with the ocean as it's back garden, it's fab. They also do really good food, not cordon bleu but really good food, it's a coulple of miles from Dromore West but it was our favourite place, great buzz, laid back, love it! Dromore West itself is another story, there is 1 pub, the Still I think that is OK but only ok and one other that we never went into. Dumoran Strand was where we used to go to the beach, quite stony by the dunes but huge beach and hardly ever anyone there. After that, Enniscrone which is about 20mins away, fab beaches or Strandhill about 30mins. Is the house in the village or surrounds, as some of the surrounding areas are quite bleak?

Thanks for all the info. Yeah it is in the village. We have put a deposit down so I reckon we will go ahead with it.

Back