Driving lessons for 16 year old.

Observer

My daughter wii be 17 next year. I'd like to get her qualified as soon as possible after her 17th birthday. I've heard of driving schools in the UK that use "driving simulators" to teach the basics of handling and road sense. Anyone know of a similar place in or around Dublin? Alternatively are there any driving schools with a learning area off the public roads?

Can't see what the rush is - but this company operated Transition year (16 yr olds) driving instruction classes in my son's school. We are in Dublin but the company is in Ballina. It maybe of help to you.

Observer said:
Alternatively are there any driving schools with a learning area off the public roads?
My own eldest is in exactly the same position, so I'll be following this thread with interest..! (Limerick-based, so Dublin and Ballina are equidistant)
"Back when", it was a case of my Da taking me up to a quiet carpark in UCD, of a Sunday afternoon - and that's also how I later (partly) taught my now wife how to drive (she lost patience and chose to ignore the reverse-parking module — but, to "our" credit, she subsequently passed her test first time... unlike my 17y+1d self! But then I didn't look as good in a short skirt...:rolleyes: )

Times have changed, thankfully...

According to this the RAC have the only one in Ireland in Rathmines.

I do recall seeing an item on RTE's Nationwide programme some time back which maintained that the only one in Ireland was in [broken link removed]

Thanks for the replies - I shall be following up with the schools in question.

DrMoriarty, had to luagh - I had exactly the same experience of UCD car park with my ex-wife! Them were the days.......

Back