Donating disability equipment

Carnmore

Are there any charitable organisations to donate no longer required disability equipment such as crutches, toilet seat adapter et al to?

I gave similar stuff to local charity shop, I just picked on the one with handy parking, maybe give a few a ring and see if they take them. They were particularly appreciative of boxes of incontinence pads, unopened boxes which the HSE wouldn't take back.

It's an absolute disgrace that the HSE won't take back unopened boxes of non medical supplies and other equipment which is in good condition. When my Dad passed away a few years ago, we donated what we could but there is still stuff in the shed and when my mam goes, it will all go in a skip. Aside from a waste of Taxpayers money, not the most green solution either

Another plus of a waste of tax payers money.
Our son got a brand new walking frame about 4 weeks ago and has never being used,we rang the hospital up who gave it too us asking can we return it but nope they can’t take it back.
Other options would be a donation too a old folks home or a special school perhaps.

Another plus of a waste of tax payers money.
Our son got a brand new walking frame about 4 weeks ago and has never being used,we rang the hospital up who gave it too us asking can we return it but nope they can’t take it back.
Other options would be a donation too a old folks home or a special school perhaps.
same thing happened with my Dad, stuff that was never used going to waste

Ah sure we got a new commode from HSE, needed immediately but 3 week wait but as it happened Dad ended up in hospital before it arrived and unfortunately never came home so brand new in the box never even opened and I had a battle to get them take it back, they said they wouldn't but I just arrived into their stores and plonked it on the desk and left.

I used to take my children to swimming lessons in a swimming pool attached to a Dublin South City disability charity. I would go for a stroll around their grounds while they were in the pool. On one occasion there was a large roll on type waste skip in the car park. I had a look in and it was full to the brim with all types of equipment. There was a vast amount of wheel chairs and lifting equipment. There were whole wheel chairs and parts sufficient to assemble many more. Wheels, electric drive motors, frames seats etc. There was also a large quantity of Christmas Decorations which were probably used once and then dumped. I removed a set of Christmas tree lights complete with attached plug top. These worked perfectly when plugged in and I used them for many years before they finally gave up. This charity takes cash donations and then wastes vast amounts of equipment.

The disgrace is that the good people of Ireland are so willing to sue them if anything at all were to be wrong with returned equipment that they had to stop taking it back years ago.
If anything went wrong with second hand crutched they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Back