Domain Name/Registered Business Name

paulocon

Hi all,

I run a company that sell services via the web..
I have recently tried registering my business name with the CRO, the business name being the same as my domain name (with .ie).

I have been told by the CRO that I cannot register a business name with a .ie on the end.

The main reason I was doing that was so I could receive cheques made payable to companyname.ie...

Should I just register the business name without .ie at the end - would I still be able to lodge cheques to a business account if the cheques were made out to companyname.ie?

register without the .ie at the end, and tell who ever is paying you by cheque to make it payable to the name registered

This must be new re .ie in the business name

I have a couple of business names registered as xxxxx.ie and that's what is reads on the cert

Mayve they changed it

I wouldn't worry too much about the bank, they should ahve enough sense to lodge the cheques even if they read as xxxx.ie

[email protected]

Registered 2 x .eu domains last week for 25euro total with Eu Internet Domains ltd. No problem, its open season now so get in quickly.

There is no problem opening a corresponding bank account once you register the name.eu in the companies office as well.

runner said:
Registered 2 x .eu domains last week for 25euro total with Eu Internet Domains ltd. No problem, its open season now so get in quickly.
I taught you couldn't get your .eu domain names until 7th April?

About 4 weeks ago I heard on news that CRO would not be allowing business or company names with a domain extension.

runner said:

There is no problem opening a corresponding bank account once you register the name.eu in the companies office as well.

Someone's pulling your leg :)

At the moment, only trademark holders/public bodies/etc can register .eu domains.

If you're not something like the above, you've just paid the registrar to try to get the domain for you when they become available to the general public in a few weeks.

The CRO will not accept new business names anymore with a .ie extension anymore. I have business names with a .ie extension and attempted to register a new one but I became aware of this new policy when the CRO informed me via letter.

Back