Dollar accounts. Am I missing something?

GoldDigga

Considering the dollar is so weak at the moment (nearly 1.47 against the euro today) why are more people not buying up Dollars and opening up Dollar accounts? I have looked through this website and not found many references to this.

Is this a good idea for decent return down the line when the Dollar does eventually recover and gain in value?

Are there any pitfalls to this type of transaction?

Re: Dollar accounts. Am I missing something??

To add to that - I'm betting the dollar will continue weakening. Nothing seems to suggest otherwise, as far as I can see.

if you have money to spare and can wait for a return, it would be a matter of when and not if.

Pardon the pun..but I would bet my bottom dollar that this fiasco will not subside until well into 2008. There are many indications that the fed will lower rates again soon- and it would appear that, if anything, the ECB may go with another hike.
I am not an expert -but do keep abreast of the news.

Just to add to the above - bloomberg news report: analysts say chance of fed dropping rate early dec is now 92% certain.

Dollar accounts.

Hi, just joined up, would love to know how/where to open a dollar account. Was planning to buy 10,000 euros worth when it hits 1.50. Appreciate any help re- opening a $ account.

Try Anglo Irish Bank. Their current published rate is 4.73% on the 1 month term dollar account

Back