Dole PLC through Computershare

LonseaLM

I have shares of Dole PLC through Computershare. They charge a large fee to send dividends to an Irish account which basically eats up the entire dividend. However, I cannot sell the shares on Computershare and have to transfer them.

If I transfer the shares to my brothers Degiro account, is it liable for Irish stamp duty?

I am looking at the transfer form that ComputerShare provided and their email

Thank you for contacting Computershare, the transfer agent for DOLE PLC. We appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you.

Please be advised Computershare is unable to process the sale of shares for the company. In order to be eligible to sale, the shares must first be transferred to an outside brokerage firm. For your convenience, we have attached the necessary form to enact this transfer.

It says I must have the form with a Medallion Signature Guarantee Stamp.

Does anyone know if this is actually the case - and where I can get it stamped in Ireland?

I checked this out a few years ago for Prothena shares. Medallion stamp required. There was nobody in Ireland able to provide a Medallion Stamp. The nearest agent who could provide it was in London and their fee was £250 + vat.

Back