Does the public service pension levy extend to the non contributory defense forces sc

seánieboy

hi, i am a public servant working in the defence forces and i have 23 years service already done. i could have left at 21 years and got a non contributary pension for my service but i haven't done so.

my question is this our pension is non contributary and therefore we dont pay into any pension scheme whatsoever there is no facility for a contributary pension or a.v.c. with the banks.

will the government then slap this pension levy on us if were not paying any contribution at all. all replies welcome

Re: new pension levy on public sector

I am semi public sector. R&D unbrella of a uni. I get barely make the average industrial wage. (and I fought hard to get to this) I have 8 years experience and 5 years of college.

We have just changed into the public sector pension scheme.

We have been told that our pension is not index linked in this pension

We got no raise for this year. and are now going to be hit with this extra tax.

I wonder if TDs will pay a double tax because they are able to draw from both their previous employment, which remains open for them. IE M Martin is a teacher and has a teachers pension aswell as the Dail pension

Will he pay both. I think not.

no youre not insulting me at all only the lads who gave there life in the service of peace in the middle east and africa shur that doesnt matter at all does it !!!!.

you seem to know very little about our defence forces who now have equipment and training to equal any professional force around. we might be a neutral country but were a very professional force of which you know nothing about. yes some lads did make claims on there hearing but because of negligence we were forced not to wear hearing protection on the ranges hense when they went for promotion they had to go for a hearing test and because these people were told you cant get promoted because of you're hearing we cant let you get promoted.

we have a volunteer reserve force of limited function i have to admit and in some respects we dont really have a voice in pay negotiations because we cannot strike even if we feel were hard done by. we don't earn overtime. we work on a 24/7 basis 365 days of the year on call for no extra money only our basic wage. think of the floods in clonmel last weekend the defence forces were out for the duration ferrying people from the floods and sandbagging areas and trying to prevent more damage. when there were strikes years ago the fire strikes bus strikes oil strikes who was sent in without any extra wages to provide a service you might know something about the rest of the public service of which i have little knowledge myself but my friend you have no knowledge whatsoever of what we are about. i think you are crude in the sense you have no idea of what conditons of service nor any idea of how tough an overseas deployment can be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please keep on topic and refrain from personalised invective.

the question is:
Does the public service pension levy extend to the non contributory defense forces scheme?

my question is this our pension is non contributary and therefore we dont pay into any pension scheme whatsoever there is no facility for a contributary pension or a.v.c. with the banks.

Never knew that I thought all PS and CS paid pension deductions

I will have a non - contributory pension but that's because I pay a modifed prsi rate and my employer will pay my pension.

Re: Does the public service pension levy extend to the non contributory defense force

Off topic posts will be deleted. Please stick to the question posed:

Does the public service pension levy extend to the non contributory defense forces pension scheme?

Seanie,

I think you should contact the DF HR department or PDFORA.

aj

Questions concerning the mechanics of the public service pension levy have been moved from Credit Crunch related issues to Public Sector Pensions

Back