Does PUP Credit Reckonable Contributions Towards State Pension?

SparkRite

Hi all,
My eldest son, is in receipt of the PUP since March 2020 and what I'm trying to find out is whether this will have an impact on his 'reckonable' (towards state pension) stamps for 2020 ?

I cannot find a definitive answer online and he is finding it very difficult to get an answer from the DSP. I remember hearing/reading that a persons shortfall in reckonable contributions will me made up by credited contributions, anybody know for sure?

To 'muddy the waters' even more is his statement from the DSP which shows no credited reckonable contributions for 2020 :-
[broken link removed]

TIA.

Last edited:
Hi @euroDilbert and thanks for replying.
Yeah, I saw that, but my son's statement above, does not reflect that.

When he calls the DSP he has got 'Dunno, might be an error' , 'We'll get back to you', 'We have not received any direction yet' ......etc.
So none the wiser.

Could be wrong here but your local DSP probably doesn't have access to the info needed to answer your query
I had to contact SWSDEAS in Buncrana Co Donegal to get my SI records
You can contact the PRSI records customer service team on 1890-690 690 or 01-4715898

These credits for 2020 could appear on your son's statement later in the year. I know from making inquiries last year regarding my contributions that it takes until June or July for some prsi contributions to appear on the statement.

PRSI

You will be deemed to have paid PRSI contributions at the same class that you were paying immediately before you were laid off while you are getting the payment. This will help you to qualify for other social welfare payments such as Jobseeker’s Benefit, Maternity and Adoptive Benefit.

It doesn't explicitly mention pension above but if he was paying Class A before PUP he will get credits at Class A which very much contribute toward pension entitlements.

I've had the same experience that it takes a while for PRSI records to be updated. Revenue and DSP systems aren't well integrated AFAIK.

Hi @euroDilbert and thanks for replying.
Yeah, I saw that, but my son's statement above, does not reflect that.

When he calls the DSP he has got 'Dunno, might be an error' , 'We'll get back to you', 'We have not received any direction yet' ......etc.
So none the wiser.

My situation is similar - credits from last year's PUP haven't appeared yet, but employment ones have (but only in the past week or two). I assume they're just delayed. However, I will follow up if they don't appear in the next couple of months.

Back