Health Insurance Documentary evidence for Part 6A – Application for a Nursing Home Loan Query

Alicia

Hi there,
Ref: Part 6A – Application for a Nursing Home Loan, page 9, it states
"(Please provide documentary evidence of the title to the property, e.g. copy land registry Folio/copy Title Deeds/ copy lease/copy conveyance. If the property is leasehold a copy of the lease must be provided) ".

My question is does anyone know if you have to provide an actual hard copy of the Title deeds? And does it matter if the person needing the loan is not on the title deeds of the house but her husband, who is deceased?

Thanks in advance from Newbie to this forum.

You might need to take some professional advice here.

"And does it matter if the person needing the loan is not on the title deeds of the house but her husband, who is deceased?"

Yes, it does matter. If the person needing the loan is not the owner, how can they create a charge on the property?

Depending on the circumstances, that person may or may not be the person entitled to be registered as sole owner.

mf

Thank you for your reply. ref: title deeds, the house has been left to my mother and she is the executrix of the will but she is incapable of executing it. I understand HSE will consider given us the loan if they were send a copy of the will. Do you know if you can legally ask a solicitor to send a copy of your deceased father's will to the HSE?

Back