Divorce - Looking for simple affordable options

SDMXTWO

Hi, Looking for recommendations for simple & affordable diy divorce, Primarily just sale of house as children are grown up, non existent pension. I'm looking at pros+cons at the moment as little money to spend on solicitors. Thanks.

Assuming you have agreed everything between you and are divorcing with consent, then this looks pretty good.

Brendan

Thanks for the link, is it out of date with living separately for 4 years, thought it was 2.
The document is from 2014 thus predating that change which came into force in December 2019.

Came across this group: http://diydivorce.ie/faq/ this is more like what I was looking for. I'm also trying to avoid "first thing to do is get a solicitor"
There's a world of a difference between getting advice from a solicitor while going through mediation and a contested divorce which involves engagement through legal teams and the courts.

Last edited:
Living/sleeping in separate rooms under the same roof still means living apart.
It’s a little less specific than that.

You need to convince the court that you have been effectively living separate lives and this is completely possible for people under the same roof or even in the same bedroom.

It’s a little less specific than that.

You need to convince the court that you have been effectively living separate lives and this is completely possible for people under the same roof or even in the same bedroom.
I think that the court will take their word for it if both parties state that they have been living apart.

Back