dividing of tax bands

Buddy2022

Hi everyone, i am just looking at my tax credits/bands etc. At the moment I am on a committee with a local co co who meet 4 times a year and for this i am paid expenses which go thru revenue. This is my only income. My husband working full time. We are assessed jointly. I just notice on the tax bands E33000 is allocated to me and from what i gather i cannot transfer this to him unless I am not working. Am i correct in saying this. In that case I would be better of resigning from the committee as it is costing us money in reality.

Any advice welcome.

Thank you

Buddy

You mentioned husband so I am going to assume you are married.

Best case is that you are considered Married with one income or worst case is that you are considered married with dual income but either way I don't think your expenses (unless substantial) is enough to affect anything. Your husband should still have 51K limit. (You will see it explain slightly better in the second link)

1711726037501.png

1711726488951.png

Side note, you should transfer your tax credit to your husband is not already done.

The above is correct

Also you mention paid expenses , reimbursed expenses aren't earnings , they are expenses payments and so not form part of payroll (unless taxable ) but without morr information, assuming its tax free , its only reported under enhanced revenue reporting and thus not classified as earnings

You husband should have 51k rate band and 5625 in credits (married plus employee/PAYE credit)

Back