Key Post Discount pharmacies in Ireland - Healthwave and Pure Pharmacy

RainyDay

Has anyone tried out the 'subscription' type service from these guys;

http://www.healthwave.ie/

They got a bit of press coverage during the week. Based on the prices they quoted me, I could save about €70 per annum.

Hi Folks,

This is amazing stuff - we have all known that we were being ripped off in Ireland when it came to prescription drugs, but to think that we can simply take a spin up North and get our prescriptions at such savings is wonderful news (even if it is only a matter of time before some bright spark tries to arrest you for smuggling controlled substances into the country or something equally daft !).

Tell me, are all doctors prescriptions welcome up North (and elsewhere in Europe), or do you need to get your GP to do anything different ?

Thanks.

Hi MrEarl,

You may well find that the prices in Pure Pharmacy as mentioned above are cheaper than those up North. I was very surprised when I priced my prescription on their website. Less than half the charge here. A friend bought the same prescription as mine and hasn't had any problem so far. I was just wondering if anyone else had used them.

Anyone fancy doing a Key Post summarising the topic "How to fill you prescription cheaply"

I joined Healthwave recently and the prices are half what I was paying.
And they deliver them.

Brendan

I see Pure does free delivery, but there is an asterisk without any explanation.

upload_2017-2-14_10-26-30.png

Thanks for that link and info!
A quick price check online shows a 55% saving for the stuff I need. Shocking...

JUST PRICED BENETOR 10 MG @ €6.90 PER 28 TABLET PACK. Sorry, should have said it's in generic form, ie, Olmesartan Krka. I used to pay €30 for it, then that was reduced to €22 and now €6.90 in Pure Pharmacy. Thanks very much AAM for that. A saving of €15.10 per packet per month.

Back