Discount Brokers

Brendan Burgess

Founder
Liam D Ferguson & Associates

Mortgages, pensions, insurances and investments.

LAbrokers

Mortgage protection and life assurance.

MyAdviser

Pensions, investments and insurances.

Ezhome

Mortgages and insurances.

Prima Finance

Insurances, loans, savings and investments, pensions.

Providence.ie

Mortgages, insurances, pensions and investments.

123.ie

Home, motor, life, travel, mortgage protection insurances.

Simply Mortgages

Mortgages, personal loans, life and pensions, home and travel insurance.

Britton Insurance

Car, home and business.

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I think it would be useful to update this list. Would the companies involved like to post a short summary of the deals they have on offer? Not a complete price list, but the key points where they reckon they are value.

Avoid advertising puff.

If you don't want to post under your name on Askaboutmoney, email me the details at burgess7@eircom.net

Brendan

Brendan Burgess

Founder
From LA Brokers - actually giving Askaboutmoney users a further discount. I think this is a first:

LABrokers offer discounted life assurance and mortgage protection. For readers of Ask About Money if they enter discount code ASKABOUTMONEY on the home page they will receive a greater level of discount on mortgage protection and life assurance than is available on the public LABrokers.ie web site.

We offer a range of PRSAs on nil commission terms ie 0% entry on each and every contribution for the life of the policy plus an max annual management charge of 1%. There is NO fee for this service.

Single premium investments are offered on a nil initial and nil renewal commission basis for a max one off fee of EUR150.00.

NorfBank

Frequent Poster
www.moneybackmortgages.ie

Flat fee based mortgage broker with full commission refund.

€1500 fee consisting of
1)€500 to be paid on obtaining loan offer
2)€1000 to be paid on drawdown of mortgage.

Full commission then refunded to client less an administration fee charged by the packager. (Minimum fee is €250, maximum fee is €750)

T

tmartins

All broker companies are more or less independent (usually less to be honest, as everyone has to earn money), but I found Mortgages & Loans Ireland very useful. It provides mortgage seekers with far better solution than just one offer or time consuming research on many companies to get more offers. I used that recently to find a broker and I was really happy having a choice without wasting my time. I didn't use its Rate My Broker section yet but that's very interesting as they let people comment and rate broker companies. Actually there are not many comments, just found 2, but the more people put their opinions the better as that's always information from the first hand... far better than ads or company websites.

Sherman

Frequent Poster
All broker companies are more or less independent (usually less to be honest, as everyone has to earn money), but I found Mortgages & Loans Ireland very useful. It provides mortgage seekers with far better solution than just one offer or time consuming research on many companies to get more offers. I used that recently to find a broker and I was really happy having a choice without wasting my time. I didn't use its Rate My Broker section yet but that's very interesting as they let people comment and rate broker companies. Actually there are not many comments, just found 2, but the more people put their opinions the better as that's always information from the first hand... far better than ads or company websites.
Any connection tmartins?

T

tmartins

No, basically that's the the only really useful information about mortgage brokers I can share with people here.. and it looks like I am not the only one - look here. This service is just an excellent idea.

G

GarS

www.mylife.ie

65% Discount on first year's premium - Life & Mortgage Protection
10% Discount on first year's premium - Income Protection
We also offer Home Insurance & Mortgage Repayment Protection which covers your monthly payments for up to twelve months in case of redundancy or illness.
Instant online quotes available for all of the above.

NorthDrum

Frequent Poster
http://www.drumgoolebrokerage.ie/

50% Discount on First Years premiums - Life Assurance
50% Discount on First Years Premiums - Income Protection

We do not give advice on Stocks and Shares but have an agency with Dolmen Stockbrokers. Its an execution only service with lower charges available on request .

All Subject to Terms and Conditions . .

paddy26

Frequent Poster
www.SmartQuotes.ie

Offering up to 70% back on the first year's premium for Life Assurance and Mortgage Protection. SmartQuotes do not exclude monthly direct debit payers from the discount and offer the facility for the discount to applied monthly.

For other discounts see www.SmartQuotes.ie

NorfBank

Frequent Poster
www.life4less.ie

Midlands based discount broker offering to beat your quote on an identical policy.

Mortgage protection, life insurance, income protection available - advice based so you can actually speak to a qualified financial advisor instead of just ticking a box.

Instant online quote facility available.

jay82

This is the thread i have been looking for:) Friends i am in dire need of recommendations for a reasonable broker for personal protection insurance and advice on PI insurance? please also mention approximate quotes that i should be expecting from the mentioned brokers just to be prepared. thank you:)

GSheehy

Frequent Poster
Execution Only Services

www.prsa.ie

PRSAs (Standard, Non-Standard and AVC)

1% Annual Management Charge (AMC)

0% Contribution Charge ie 100% of your contribution invested

In addition, Personal Pensions(RACs), Executive/Director Pension Plan , ARFs/AMRFs and Buy-out-Bond with an Annual Management Charge of 0.75% - minimum contribution levels quoted on website for this AMC. Again, 0% Contribution charge and to entry/exit charges.

Products underwritten by Zurich Life

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

www.InvestAndSave.ie

Invest a minimum of €5,000 and Save a minimum of €100 per month from the outset.

The Fund Management Charge is 1% on (up to 30) Funds in the Zurich Life Matrix range.

101% Allocation on once-off and regular contributions for the duration of the plan.

No Entry or Early Exit Charges

Four Free Fund Switches & Four Free Fund Redirections in any one policy year.

NB : A Partial Encashment has to be greater than €1,000 and the residual value of the policy thereafter must be €2,500. There is a partial encashment charge of €20.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

www.bond.ie

Invest €5,000 to €200,000

101% allocation , 0.75% AMC and no Entry/Exit charges

OR

101% allocation, 0.65% AMC with Exit Charges of 3%/2%/1% in years 1/2/3

Up to 30 Zurich Life Funds available

Last edited by a moderator:

Brendan Burgess

Founder
Hi Ger

This used to be a hot topic some years ago but has rarely surfaced recently.

I can understand people going to brokers for PRSAs.

But surely ETFs have replaced the other savings products by now?

Brendan

RedOnion

Frequent Poster
But surely ETFs have replaced the other savings products by now?
I think the life companies are still doing ok!

Personally I have 2 regular savings investments in life products (lump sums I look after myself).

1 was the cleanest way to put a bare trust structure in place for my children, and I don't have to do anything with it. I know it's costing me money in management fees.

SBarrett

Frequent Poster
I think the life companies are still doing ok!

Personally I have 2 regular savings investments in life products (lump sums I look after myself).

1 was the cleanest way to put a bare trust structure in place for my children, and I don't have to do anything with it. I know it's costing me money in management fees.
I find the life companies are the most suitable for regular investment accounts, which are usually a few hundred a month. Yes, the management fee is higher than under a pension product but when you actually calculate the actual cost, it is very little. e.g. €200 a month policy at 1.25% amc is €30 a year. I know it compounds up but all you have to do is fill out the form and that's it, the direct debit is deducted each month and taxation is looked after. Compare that to the amount of time you would spend on deemed disposal calculations for 96 monthly contributions into your own online account or if you made a partial withdrawal and had to calculate on a FIFO basis.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

GSheehy

Frequent Poster
But surely ETFs have replaced the other savings products by now? Brendan
Hi Brendan,

Not sure there are any figures available for the investments into EFTs here by Irish folk (???) but the latest (2016) Insurance Ireland Fact File tells me that circa 1.7bn was invested in Single Premium unit-linked/insured bonds that year.

That's come down a bit over the last two years as there's probably some bank/tracker bond numbers in the 2016 figure.

Add the Regular Premiums to that. It's pretty sizeable.

gravitygirl

Frequent Poster
Is it possible to have two different investment products with the same provider? I already have a regular investment plan with Zurich but at a higher AMC than some of the above. I presume I can't just transfer my existing funds across but I could just stop paying the regular premium on my current one and leave the lump sum there and start a new one, if multiple policies/accounts are allowed? Or if there is an easier way to do it, I would love to know! Thanks :)

RedOnion

Frequent Poster
@gravitygirl
There's nothing preventing you having multiple products from the same provider.
I don't know if there is an easier way, but once you've finished the initial period where there is a penalty you should be able to move the funds.