Key Post Discharged from bankruptcy-My experience.

We borrowed €7000 from parents to complete joint bankruptcy in November 2014. Finally we have a removal date on our mortgage from ICB and credit register November this year. It has been a very long road and the system is flawed you have to do alot of the informing the banks yourself. We had our ICB record corrected last year. Some issues still ongoing but no regrets

Sorry Sum, just saw your post today. I paid admin fees of less than €500 including the publications as David Hall's IMHO did all the work. I really could not thank them enough. I think when all the paperwork was completed it only took 4/6 weeks for the court appearance.

What delayed us initially was our papers were lodged with the courts during the annual summer recess. Once they were resubmitted in Sept we were up and running in Oct.

We had got advice from other PIPs and like you they had quoted us almost €5/6000 for the both of us. IMHO only charged us for admin and court costs etc.

Good luck.

I have just reviewed this thread again and agree with absolutely everything. I did not hear from the OA. I rang them a few days after my one year bankruptcy anniversary and they confirmed I had been discharged. So from now, it is onwards and upwards.
Jana in the IMHO was an absolute star. On the day in court, she stood with me and I could not even lift my head.

Now the world has been lifted off my shoulders.

Hiya, it's my first time to post and I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, or even posting on the right forum, so apologies if I'm not!. I was declared bankrupt 10 months ago. On the day of my adjuducation I met with a person outside the court. I gave them my Statement of Personal Information and alot of extra information which I thought they would find helpful in order to deal with my case.

I didn't hear anything for five weeks after my adjudication day. Eventually I contacted the ISI to request assesment of a payment order for me - this was attended to (none was put in place as my income was below the threshold).

Over the next number of months I still did not hear anything from the court, an official assignee, the ISI. I sent in some further unsolicited information (via email) in relation to travel that I was undertaking outside of the country and in relation to a small inheritance that I came into.

No case worker has ever contacted me and I have never received any communication from the Court/ISI that wasn't a reply to correspondence from me.

I now have two months to go to discharge and I'm wondering if this level of contact is normal? I'm beginning to get worried and I'm wondering if I should contact the ISI to express my concerns?

It would be great to hear other peoples experiences, thanks.

Hiya, it's my first time to post and I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, or even posting on the right forum, so apologies if I'm not!. I was declared bankrupt 10 months ago. On the day of my adjuducation I met with a person outside the court. I gave them my Statement of Personal Information and alot of extra information which I thought they would find helpful in order to deal with my case.

I didn't hear anything for five weeks after my adjudication day. Eventually I contacted the ISI to request assesment of a payment order for me - this was attended to (none was put in place as my income was below the threshold).

Over the next number of months I still did not hear anything from the court, an official assignee, the ISI. I sent in some further unsolicited information (via email) in relation to travel that I was undertaking outside of the country and in relation to a small inheritance that I came into.

No case worker has ever contacted me and I have never received any communication from the Court/ISI that wasn't a reply to correspondence from me.

I now have two months to go to discharge and I'm wondering if this level of contact is normal? I'm beginning to get worried and I'm wondering if I should contact the ISI to express my concerns?

It would be great to hear other peoples experiences, thanks.

If it was me, say nothing. You should get a letter pretty soon advising you of the final date. Then approx 6 weeks after the bankruptcy is finished you'll get the letter/cert etc wrapping up everything if I recall correctly.

Back