Disabled relative

millertime

Folks

My next door neighbours daughter was involved in a serious accident that has rendered her paralysed and confined to a wheelchair. He built a garage and converted it for her needs to allow her some form of independence. My question is whether he is entitled to anything other than the dependent relative credit in recognition of his spending?

Thanks

Not from a tax point of view, but he may be from social welfare or his local authority. A previous neighbour of mine got a grant to assist alterarations to his home after a stroke left him mobility repaired but I can't remember whether is was s.w. or co.council that gave it. You could try checking the Oasis website (www.oasis.ie) for details of any grants that may be available now.

RainyDay said:
Check out the - You'l need to contact your local authority to apply.

He should have done this first,if the builder wasn't fully tax compliant they won't give you anything.I know someone who got this done and the hassle they had trying to find a small builder with a C45 and a tax compliant cert from the revenue.A lot of small builders are cash in hand merchants,even if the customers don't realise it.

Back