Direct Labour

noel123ie

Hi there

I was just wondering am hoping to build 1800/1900 square foot house on own site in East Cork.

Can soneome in the know please advise building cost when going the diect labour and builders approach. Ive asked a few but everyone seems to have a different answer.

Also can someone please advise cost of total house incl average furnishings and fittings. Someone who may have built a similiar house may have a good idea

Thanks
Noel

Hi Noel, there are many prvious threads on the costs of both approaches, including this one on the self-build approach.
Leo

Hi Noel,

I recently built a house by direct labour. My house is slightly bigger at 2,500 sq. ft but it cost €92 per sq ft. This is including furnishing, kitchen, tilings, wood floors etc. If I went contract it would have cost roughly €125 per sq. ft. and this figure would not include furnishing, kitchen etc.

Hope this gives you a rough idea.

neady

Hi there,

It's worth spending the Eur 50 on the Homebond book available from Easons etc or on line, this has all the building reg details.

Not exactly fun reading....best advice is to get a good engineer to oversee - money well spent...

Back