Digital cert not matching passport names

1eyeonthefuture

Hi
If the covid vaccine cert has a maiden name noted but the passport is in the married name will there be an issue when travelling?
Thanks

Colleague of mine said they travelled with no problem. They had the marriage certificate with them, but there wasn't any check done. Just scanned the vaccine cert and off you go.
However, you might not be so lucky and it's best to get it changed.
My wife is in the same boat and just submitted a change surname request via the portal.
Reply says they will issue an updated cert , within 5 days, to the nominated email address.

First name on certificate not matching passport. I have entered the correct information on the online covid portal but it will not accept, tried several times with same result. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Mrs Magoo did the change online. Took a few days to get the confirmation email with the new certificate attached.
No supporting documentation requested during the change process (as I presume the PPSN can provide sufficient confirmation).

This is reply I keep getting online: We can’t update your Digital COVID Certificate at this time. Please ensure that you have entered your details, including the Unique Certificate Number, exactly as they appear on your current certificate as well as your PPSN/Mobile Phone number. If you continue to have problems please call our Helpline at 1800 807 008 and they will assist you in updating your certificate. I have checked and re-checked what I key in.

This is reply I keep getting online: We can’t update your Digital COVID Certificate at this time. Please ensure that you have entered your details, including the Unique Certificate Number, exactly as they appear on your current certificate as well as your PPSN/Mobile Phone number. If you continue to have problems please call our Helpline at 1800 807 008 and they will assist you in updating your certificate. I have checked and re-checked what I key in.
I have tried the online portal several times and got the same reply as Peig. I need to change my forename to match my passport. Checked & rechecked to make sure I had inputed details correctly! Tried the helpline, but the reply I got there was that they only work business hours. Can anyone figure what I should do next?

Have you checked your cert number? My cert has many Zeros in it that look like the letter O. Could that be your problem.

Have you checked your cert number? My cert has many Zeros in it that look like the letter O. Could that be your problem.
I did get confused with the 'zeros' and letter 'O' but entered cert number using all zeros and still rejected. I need a forename change, all other details correct.

I have tried the online portal several times and got the same reply as Peig. I need to change my forename to match my passport. Checked & rechecked to make sure I had inputed details correctly! Tried the helpline, but the reply I got there was that they only work business hours. Can anyone figure what I should do next?
Call again Monday during office hours maybe?

I did get confused with the 'zeros' and letter 'O' but entered cert number using all zeros and still rejected. I need a forename change, all other details correct.
If you got the cert by email try copying and pasting the relevant bit of the cert id from that? The bit after "URN:UVCI:01:IE:" and including the trailing ":1" or whatever I presume?

If you got the cert by email try copying and pasting the relevant bit of the cert id from that? The bit after "URN:UVCI:01:IE:" and including the trailing ":1" or whatever I presume?
Success! Couldn't copy & paste as doc was not emailed to me but I persevered with entering the code ,& eventually got it right. It was as clubman said mixing up zeros with letter O. Btw don't bother trying the helpline. Tried for an hour today & didn't get through.

Success! Couldn't copy & paste as doc was not emailed to me but I persevered with entering the code ,& eventually got it right. It was as clubman said mixing up zeros with letter O. Btw don't bother trying the helpline. Tried for an hour today & didn't get through.
Well done! Can I ask if it was a mix of zeros and letter O that worked for you - using all zeros hasn't worked for me so perhaps that is where I am going wrong.

There are only zeros ('0') in mine - no capital letter 'O'.
But maybe 'O' can occur?

Just to update on Covid certificate. Nothing worked online but eventually got through on helpline. The issue appeared to be linked to my PPS number - I had changed back in 1999 when the 'W' numbers were being cancelled and new number has been used for various stuff since then but, for some strange reason, that old number had re-appeared in the system. All sorted and got certificate by email. Thanks all.

Back