Digital Camera

P

potblack

Going to the States shortly on a stop over and will be buying a digital camera on way. Have done the research on the sites recommended and picked out a few. I have also checked the US sites for average price comparison to Ireland.

However I wonder does anyone know if it is cheaper to buy on the high street or in the airport?

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated!

camera

Hi
I bought a digital camera in the USA a couple of years ago - only one problem which may or may not bother you - if you wish to view pictures on your TV using the camera - the US camera sends out NTSC signal - so black and white on your TV at home.. maybe there are dual output signals nowadays?

as for highstreet or airport deffo the highstreet - and make sure you haggle with them - they are prone to throwing in a battery charger etc when pushed!

camera

Potblack, can you give us details of the sites you have looked at in US, and if you have gone already, can you tell us how u got on.

Is there much of a saving?

Digital Camera - buy in USA

I recently bought a digital camera from the internet www.bwayphoto.com it was delivered to my friends address in the USA and i collected it there when on holiday. It is an Olympus "Stylus" 410 or i think here it is called a "muj", in total including shipping i paid just under $300/€235 which i compared to several shops in dublin @ approx €420.Camera arrived in perfect order and is a joy to use, as the charger is dual voltage I have simply cut off the plug and replaced with 3 pin plug. However a friend was going to buy a different camera from them and was told that if he didnt pay extra for a warrenty it would take 6-7 weeks to deliver !!??
whilst in the USA I took a look in various camera shops and although not quiet as cheap as mine the prices were alot lower than here and by here i include dublin airport.

I have been told that Heathrow is very good for electronic products but not sure.

Back