Difficulty with Credit Union proof of address.

pingin

I have a Credit Union account in another part of the country, where I'm originally from.

Under anti money laundering regulations, they're looking for proof of address. The problem is that I don't receive any household bills or other official documentation at that address, so I have nothing to show them.

What can I do? I've ignored the request every year but now feel I should do something about it.

Protocol

Providing the new address means that it will become obvious that you live outside the common bond area.

RedOnion

can edit posts
Change your address. You can still remain a member of the CU; you only need to meet the common bond requirements when you first join. It might only an issue if you want to borrow money in future, as there is a limit to the amount they can lend to members outside their common bond.

As per your previous thread 4 years ago:

Or move to a CU that you currently have a Common Bond with?

pingin

Change your address. You can still remain a member of the CU; you only need to meet the common bond requirements when you first join. It might only an issue if you want to borrow money in future, as there is a limit to the amount they can lend to members outside their common bond.

As per your previous thread 4 years ago:

Or move to a CU that you currently have a Common Bond with?
Oops! Thanks RedOnion. I'd completely forgotten that I'd asked it four years ago. Very embarrassing.

elcato

Do you not have any Electric bill in your name ? What about bank statements/updates. I've tried to move all online but I still get banks sending me letters now and again. Is your address on your payslip ? Tax documents ?

The whole limit on lending to members residing outside of the common bond is no longer a thing since the Credit Union Act was amended in 2012, so this won't matter unless the credit union self-imposes a limit. It is mostly ignored by credit unions.