Difficulty paying for course in UK via Bank Transfer?

Mothergoose

I have been trying to pay for a course for my CPD in UK since December. I paid the deposit on the 29th December, with the account details given. I had to use the IBAN calculator to get the IBAN and BIC and had to ask the course providers to send on the address of the bank which was required to set up the payee. I got an email mid January to say I had never paid my deposit. I got proof of payment from Bank of Ireland. Then they said that their bank, Cash Plus in London had sent back my deposit as they did not know what it was about - My name and the name of the company and the name of the course and date of the course were on the references. It took 24 days for the deposit to get back to me. I then sent the whole amount for the course last Friday - went into the Bank of Ireland, made sure again that I was calculating the IBAN correctly - they spend about 30 minutes helping me to do it. I emailed the course provider again today, they say they haven't received the money. I work a bit in the UK and do all my CPD there - I have had some problem with bank charges added for transactions, but never this much trouble paying for stuff. It says that UK transactions from BOI take 1 to 3 days, this is now the 4th day. When I transfer money to the UK usually it takes just two days. I am about to go for the second time to get proof of payment. I need to do the course. Now the providers are getting a bit shirty with me, but it is there bank that has messed up. Any advice would be really helpful.

Shouldn't be that problematic but if it still isn't working for you perhaps try the following path. Set yourself up on Revolut. Transfer the money to that. You can create a UK sub account on your Revolut, do a forex from your euro account to your sterling account and then pay them by a domestic transfer from your sterling account. That way you'll be paying from a (sort of) UK bank account to a UK bank and it should be less hassle.

Back