Did the 15 year old Quinn Life freeway funds (now Irish Life) get the .5% AMC loyalty reduction

Just got an annual benefit statement which shows
Amount added to your plan to reduce your fund charge €39.99

BTW horrendous return I put in 10k in 2007 into Latin American QLD and its now worth 9800!

BTW horrendous return I put in 10k in 2007 into Latin American QLD and its now worth 9800!
Have you been following Latin American political/financial coverage over the past few years?!
You picked a very risky fund so can expect significant volatility.

Last edited:
This is being honoured.

The information is not on the annual statement but, if you have online access to your policy go to 'Investment History' and you will see 'Unit Addition' with a monetary amount added each month to the value of 0.5% of fund value.

Gerard

www.bond.ie
Hi @GSheehy - do you know where to look in the new (recently updated I think) web interface to these products?
I have browsed around but cannot see that I benefited from this compensatory boost...

I don't.

It's still appearing as above when I log into the broker system I have for client info.

Gerard

www.saveandinvest.ie
OK - thanks. There's no "Investment History" section on the view that I have and there is nothing in the "Transactions" list that suggests a compensatory topup. I've sent them a query about it.

OK - thanks. There's no "Investment History" section on the view that I have and there is nothing in the "Transactions" list that suggests a compensatory topup. I've sent them a query about it.
Customer interface is clunky and very little info for these funds within the IL portal..always been difficult to get info on funds they now track etc...agree with earlier comments, seems to be the staff aren't familiar with the older QL funds and how they operate.

I noticed that on my Quinn Freeway funds, the number of units increases by 0.5% each year on the statement. They do not point it out or explain why so I assume that this is the mechanism whereby they reduce the AMC by 0.5%.

I suppose this would make sense as the original AMC is probably baked into the unit price and this would apply to all investors so they need a way to apply a separate lower charge to investors over 15 years in the fund.

Back