Designing a Company Logo

I think when people get something for very cheap they can dismiss that its actually of value. I was once asked to work on designs for email newsletters. The client actually paid us to spend a couple of weeks (on and off) at it, till he got what he wanted. To me emails are free and cost nothing, and personally email adverts , I generally ignore, so i questioned the wisdom of spending so much time and effort and money on them. However the client reckoned every time he did one, his newsletter pulled in between 5 and 10k in sales.

Incidentally he actually had a rebrand, and different trading name, and logo for different parts of his market. Ranging from budget to premium. Even in the emails and newspaper ads.

Thats a nice story but nothing to do with logos!

If someone wants a logo and understands how to use it with branding etc. it will be used regardless of what it cost!

But nobody would ever just change a logo so its never going to happen.

I'd say it unlikely not impossible. But, thats what you asked "logo alone". Perhaps some market research company has done a study along those lines.

The story is indicates you might know the cost of something but not always the value of it. Especially if its not expensive. I think this applies to logos as people are obsessed with the cost of them, and getting them as cheap as possible. You might be buying a cheap doodle, not a logo. Equally you might get a great logo for little cost. Its not linear.

Which brings us back to the OP not looking spend over €400 and that there is no reason why he/she should have to spend more than this if they do not want/afford to. Also, a big spend does not necessarily mean a better logo.

Indeed. Its like anything. You could spend X on a product or service and it could be fine. You could spend 4 times X and it could be rubbish.