Deposit Question

Gary 23

Hi
I was wondering if anybody has any tips on getting a deposit for a house fast.
A week and a half ago our offer on a house was accepted but we now need a deposit we went to the credit union for a loan and it took a few days for the credit commitee to decide to refuse our loan. we are now going to ask for a smaller loan but meanwhile the couple who own the house are getting understandably nervous that over a week after the offer was accepted the estate agent has not recieved his initial 6000 deposit.
The credit commitee are due to meet on wednesday and we will hopefully get the money then but the estate agent told me that if the couple have to wait past wednesday things could get messy and we could lose the deal. we dont want to lose this house but we need to come up with at least 6000 before wednesday assuming we get the loan.
Anyway my question is does anybody have any advice about what we can do? would getting a bridging loan for the 6000 or even the whole deposit help and if so how do these work and how soon would the cash be available.
Any advice from anyone would be helpful.

Has your mortgage been approved, because if it has some places will let you draw down the deposit amount i think

Check if you are pre-approved for a personal loan from your bank. I was in a similar position with the deposit on my house and was able to apply for a loan and get the funds in a single afternoon.

Back