Dell A940 not recognizing that it is full of ink!

A

aine

I recently replaced the ink cartridges in my printer for the first time. However, the pop-up which appears on the computer every time the printer is used continues to say 'out of ink'. Perhaps it is because I did not order the ink online through this pop-up box - I rang Dell instead. It was very useful to be able to keep an eye on the ink levels and I would love to be able to fix it.

It's not to do with where or how you bought the cartridge - unless you bought the wrong one.

Did you follow the instructions on the box ? There is a strip of plastic which is normally used to seal the cartridge - did you remove this ? Does the printer actually print, but just report it is empty ?

z

Did you print a test page? is it actually printing. I would take out the cartridges and put them back in. As Zag said check whether the seal is broken.
Check in case the nozzels are blocked.

printer

The printer is working perfectly. If I order the next batch of ink online through the pop-up that will probably make it go back to normal - if your suggestions do not work.
Thanks.

Back