Delays in rolling out vaccine

An intimate little Italian restaurant that we had be meaning to go to for years.

No masks no entry. Covid certs scanned, proof of identification required – driver’s licence, passport, etc.

Tables requisite distance apart. A simple & charming covered outdoor space with copious patio heaters, delicious food & wine.

We might have been in the Med.

Compared to our usual weekly, well-known & well-regarded epicurean haunt - masks wearing required but not enforced. Tables at pre-COVID spacing. No scanning of COVID certs, just required mobile phone of one of the party. Inadequate ventilation.

Since the first lockdown we went with our instincts and opted for the former.

We felt that if the latter could not be bothered to take health guidelines in a pandemic seriously, what did it say about its adherence to normal restaurant rules & guidance to protect customers.

I would say that 33% of the people getting vaccinated in Citiwest today were 12-16 years old, all with a parent which probably made the queue look bigger.

Appointments were not segregated from us turning up types which perhaps should be looked at.

So we are now preparing for the 4th round. I personally think this is needed sooner rather than later to protect those who are very vulnerable.

Sub note, bus journeys today only the older people were masked up and I include myself, this morning approx 20 on bus 2 of us with masks, and hand sanitizer.

Has anyone learnt anything in the last 24 months?

Pfizers strategy, and this is public knowledge, is to combine the flu shot with the vaccine using mRNA protocol so it becomes an annual/bi annual shot.

I have an issue with this in that we really don't know where Covid is going, it might disappear or it might morph into something that can't be " mRNA 'd" and old fashioned vaccines continue to do what they do extremely well.

Also we really don't know anything how or what mRNA does or doesn't do to the immune system, long term.

Don't get me wrong its fantastic technology and might cure cancer, diabetes, dementia.......and of course it has given the " western world " the route back to " normality ".

Just my thoughts, the vaccines work but sometimes it's good to scrutinise a bit more.

I should add my parents can't wait 82, 78 .

Last edited:
Pfizers strategy, and this is public knowledge, is to combine the flu shot with the vaccine using mRNA protocol so it becomes an annual/bi annual shot.

I have an issue with this in that we really don't know where Covid is going, it might disappear or it might morph into something that can't be " mRNA 'd" and old fashioned vaccines continue to do what they do extremely well.

Also we really don't know anything how or what mRNA does or doesn't do to the immune system, long term.

Don't get me wrong its fantastic technology and might cure cancer, diabetes, dementia.......and of course it has given the " western world " the route back to " normality ".

Just my thoughts, the vaccines work but sometimes it's good to scrutinise a bit more.

I should add my parents can't wait 82, 78 .
tbh I wouldn't be so keen on getting the two in one shot. They side effects can put a bit of a strain on the system... has the combi shot been trialled to see if the side effects are worse?

tbh I wouldn't be so keen on getting the two in one shot. They side effects can put a bit of a strain on the system... has the combi shot been trialled to see if the side effects are worse?
Great question, apparently the trials are in the pipe already. This again has been reported widely, we all needed a break and I really couldn't be arsed posting what ifs.

Don't know if I've linked this correctly, but the story is interesting as now Novavax are also trialling a combo eventhough it hasn't recieved FDA approval for its covid vaccine yet.

I would imagine that over the coming years this space will become more congested with all the majors developing and deploying their " unique " version.

Meanwhile the poorer countries still struggle with accessing any vaccines of use,for covid or most other preventable diseases.

Last edited:
Back