Delays in rolling out vaccine

Except its due to be approved soon and its manufacturing issues that are delaying its rollout.
Yea, it turns out developing and making vaccines is hard, requires thousands of scientists, doctors, engineers and technicians, vast infrastructure, complex supply chains and billions of Euro. Who knew?

I thought they just threw some stuff in a Kenwood Chef, banged it in the oven then made billions of Euro and used it to fund the Illuminati/ Bill Gates/ The International Zionist Conspiracy and/or The Lizard People (great name for a band).

Now it seems that there aren't tens of thousands of people who are all part of a grand conspiracy, all evil and all capable of keeping their mouths shut and the companies they work for are actually owned by pension funds and the like.

Maybe the technical issues and delays are caused by technical issues and the, you know, really difficult process of making vaccines.

Last edited:
I see Joe Biden wanted to allow a patent vaccine waiver for corona vaccines but only after the majority of US citizens are vaccinated and after he had blocked vaccine exports to those very countries including AZ vaccines that they were not even using. How is Joe Biden allowed to pontificate on vaccines given their shameful selfishness and then attempting to virtue signal and damage the european vaccine rollout. Thankfully Angela Merkel has shot this proposal down . If Biden wants to show his virtue let him donate US vaccines to the developing world now

I see Joe Biden wanted to allow a patent vaccine waiver for corona vaccines but only after the majority of US citizens are vaccinated and after he had blocked vaccine exports to those very countries including AZ vaccines that they were not even using. How is Joe Biden allowed to pontificate on vaccines given their shameful selfishness and then attempting to virtue signal and damage the european vaccine rollout. Thankfully Angela Merkel has shot this proposal down . If Biden wants to show his virtue let him donate US vaccines to the developing world now
Yep, while the UK and USA have effective vaccine export bans the EU has allowed the export of about 50% of the vaccines we've produced so far.

Does anyone know which group - age or otherwise - is being offered the Pfizer vaccine in Ireland at present ?
Over 70 and under 50 ( vulnerable), I'm sure some 50 to 69 might be getting Pfizer if nothing else is available.

Second doses would be probably the vast amount of Pfizer doses now as AZ is for 69 to 50.

It's an exercise I was going to " get to " using ECDC data but my polytunnel has taken over my time.

Thank
Over 70 and under 50 ( vulnerable), I'm sure some 50 to 69 might be getting Pfizer if nothing else is available.

Second doses would be probably the vast amount of Pfizer doses now as AZ is for 69 to 50.

It's an exercise I was going to " get to " using ECDC data but my polytunnel has taken over my time.
Thank you for that Paul OM,
seems like 50 to 70 group is getting a raw deal all round, with not even one mRNA option available to them.

Thank

Thank you for that Paul OM,
seems like 50 to 70 group is getting a raw deal all round, with not even one mRNA option available to them.
There are so many contradictory messages about each vaccine it's difficult to be clear on what is the most effective.

Each vaccine have issues with side-effects but the reality is each one is by far better than contracting Covid.

Taking the UK for example AZ has been used and a few small studies appear to indicate that its more effective in older people than mRna but I take those assertions to be biased as I doubt any comparative studies with mRNA have been carried out.

Going forward we will probably be getting annual vaccines and I would imagine they will be mRna as other vaccines such as Curevac will be available and production will be in Europe and the EU have ordered 1.8bn Pfizer/BioNTech

And yet I've heard that some states are offering beer and steaks to the over 40% of adults who don't want to be vaccinated.
Some are saying that the US might not get to 60% of adults vaccinated where does that leave the world?

It has become very politically partisan in the USA. Vaccination rates in “red” electoral areas are very low whereas rates are high in “blue” areas.

However, with a Democrat President I expect they’ll sort this out, by hook or by crook.
Children must be fully vaccinated to attend schools in the USA. I expect they’ll make life legally awkward to anti-vaxxers.

In Russia they’re offering free ice-cream after the Covid jab. Uptake is only about 10% despite the 91% efficacy of Sputnik V. There’s a cultural distrust of the state in Russian.

Each vaccine have issues with side-effects but the reality is each one is by far better than contracting Covid.
Indeed. But would we order, or do we need to use, AZ and J&J vaccines now given that most at-risk people are vaccinated and the health system is no longer under threat of collapse? It seems that the HSE are trying to push down the acceptable age for AZ & J&J in part to hit arbitrary vaccine targets and so as not to 'waste' vaccines that have been paid for. Methinks we should give surplus such vaccines to COVAX.

I will register in the hope of getting an mRNA vaccine. I'll probably be a no-show otherwise.

Funny how we all want the new vaccine rather than the one that's based on 100 year old proven technology.

The problem with the AZ vaccine isn't the safety. It is the ridiculous time between doses. 16 weeks for under 60's is crazy. You can't blame people not wanting it when they are looking at people getting the second dose after 4 weeks for other vaccines.

Back