Delay - Title of deeds house are lost

Mynydd

Hi there,

We went on sale agreed in september, FTB, however still no signs of contracts as the title of deed is lost. This happened apparently with the merging of banks. Still no good excuse for me. The vendor of our house was sent to several banks in Ireland, then it would be i England, now they are being sent back to Leixlip and they say they don't have it.

I am hopping from emergeny accomodation to emergency accomodation and have to leave once again in two weeks time.

Do they really need the original title of deeds or is there another way out?

"Do they really need the original title of deeds or is there another way out?"

You need either original Title Deeds or some form of Title Insurance. If you are a cash purchaser you could decide just to buy and run the risk of not acquiring good title. But if you are borrowing, lost Deeds are a real issue. Banks are funny about lending money when Deeds are missing.

You need more information before you decide whether to hang in there or just cut your losses and get out. Ask your solicitor to ask their solicitor for a realistic view - is this ever going to happen? When? Do they have an alternative idea in mind as to how to deal with problem?

mf

would you not say to the vendor that unless he will rent the house to you at a discounted rate until the deeds are sorted that you will have no option to pull out of the deal

Back