DEGIRO - Interest on 'Available to trade' money

ShaneC1985

Hi Folks,

I have a DEGIRO account that I have used for sometime, yesterday for the first time I bought some shares in a company using money in the 'Available to trade'. I logged in today to check and noticed that the stock hadn't moved in value but was showing a minus fee. Is this the interest on the 'Available to trade' money, if so seems very high. I've added a screenshot below, can someone explain what I'm seeing. Also can't seem to find anywhere on the platform that shows the interest:

BEP is break-even point

I don't think that's interest - there must be some fees associated with the purchase of the shares

You should know how to read the information that is displayed
What does the little D beside the share name mean?
Do they not have a FAQ or guide on the website?

Last edited:
Hi thanks for the reply.

The letter next to the stock name is a defined risk category of which an A stock is offered higher margin while no additional margin is provided for a category D stock.

They do have a FAQ but its quite limited and cannot seem to find any information to explain the figures shown. The problem is not what the information displayed means, its why if I bought shares at 0.145 and the current price is 0.145 then why is the percentage of the shares value at -14.20%.

The shares closed yesterday at 0.169, I'll wait and see when the market opens if the figure changes. The only thing I can think it could be is the percentage change in the stock since yesterday, and not the value of my shares. If that's the case it shouldn't really show -225. The other possibility is that the stock is down pre-market.

Is the highlighted not the daily change, and the unrealised the cumulative, and the total PL is the unrealised less the costs to trade.

What was the opening price of the stock, as ot seems it was higher than your BEP, but the current price now is same as you bought it for, so unrealised is 0.00 but daily movement down of the 220 or whatever.

Back