Deeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

sullyman

Hi Folks,

If i own an apartment and listed on the deeds of this property as the owner and then i go and help purchase another property with my girlfriend where she will only be listed on the deeds of the new house.

Am i still qualified for Mortgage Relief on my apartment and can still use it as my PPR?

Thanks,
Sullyman

Don't post a general heading such as "help !" or "Mortgage query". If you post a heading such as "Mortgage for separated couple", it will get a better response and will be much easier to find if you need to go back to look for it.

Askaboutmoney is a completely free and voluntary community service and, as such, cannot always guarantee a timely response to all queries, depending as it does on somebody with the required experience or expertise being available to make contributions. If your query has not received any replies please don't duplicate it or reply to it/edit simply to bump it up to the top of the list particuarly if it has only been posted for a short period of time. Far from eliciting a more expeditious response doing so may actually have the opposite effect as many people see this as bad manners and will consequently ignore the query. On the other hand, if your query remains unanswered for several days/weeks then bumping it up to the top of the topic list may be justified. Your own common sense should tell you when this is justified and when it's not.
:mad:

Please don't bump posts, as per our Posting Guidelines-outlined above.

In the case of a married couple, they can only have one PPR. I'm not sure what happens in the case of unmarried couples.

If you are renting out one of the properties, you will not be able to claim TRS on the rented property.

I don't think you have to be on the deeds to claim TRS, but I would imagine that your name would have to be on the mortgage account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back