Declined Mortgage application- any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not overly worried about it really, being cautious in case it doesn't get granted. We've employed a planning person to do the whole application for us. Existing res will not be devalued by much. Savings are pretty good compared to cost of buying either in Dublin or in area we're trying to build.

I'm going to leave it at that now as I didn't actually start this thread up again this morning :) ..... I started this thread in January about a mortgage application & now it's turned into an extended conversation about my circumstances (which have changed).

Thanks everyone for the advise back in January :)

Is it more in the nature of a granny flat?Will it be attatched to the existing residence?If it is there'll be a whole can of worms with deeds and all sorts of stuff,is the build even legal??

am i the only person here who thinks 17k on a wedding is a wee bit extravagant especially when one was trying to buy a home to live in...17k for a day or 17k for the next 5-10 years at least for a home which will probably make you money! I hope it goes well for you, I really do!

Wexfordguy- obviously we wouldn't be doing anything illegal. That's what PP and solicitors are for.

Like I said, I'm not going to talk about the current circumstances any more as they are all in hand and in process and not relevant to the subject of the original post. Thanks though,m.

micamaca said:
am i the only person here who thinks 17k on a wedding is a wee bit extravagant especially when one was trying to buy a home to live in...17k for a day or 17k for the next 5-10 years at least for a home which will probably make you money! I hope it goes well for you, I really do!

thats what i was saying earlier..you'd either have an expensive wedding OR try to get the house organised...legal fees alone can bleed you white.

micamaca said:

would have to agree, 17k is almost a deposit, would rather whoever owns house thats gona be changed went guarantor or released equity rather than be livin in their garden forevermore

to be fair to the original poster, they have already explained that circumstances have changed since the original post in january..how much they wish to spend on a weddding is irrelevant.

good luck with the PP and the build ....

Its not irrelevant..if you're talking about buying a house every penny is important and blowing 17 grand on a wedding whilst waiting on PP is a little bit crazy in my opinion.Self builds are horrificlly expensive,in many cases more so than buying off the plans for example and are hugely time consuming.

Wexfordguy said:
Its not irrelevant..if you're talking about buying a house every penny is important and blowing 17 grand on a wedding whilst waiting on PP is a little bit crazy in my opinion.Self builds are horrificlly expensive,in many cases more so than buying off the plans for example and are hugely time consuming.

maybe i've been paying too much attention to eddie hobbs but doesnt sound clever to blow that amount of money when taking out the biggest loan of ur life to me neither. unless theyre askin the guests for cash gifts that is

Nearly all the posts here made seem to be pointing out the error of Micheller's ways, I'm not quite sure why the thread was re-opened but Micheller has said that situation since is very different and seems to be handling everything with no adverse difficulties - so wonder why the need was there for thread to be restarted??

Best of luck anyway with the wedding and the house...

sam78 said:
Nearly all the posts here made seem to be pointing out the error of Micheller's ways, I'm not quite sure why the thread was re-opened but Micheller has said that situation since is very different and seems to be handling everything with no adverse difficulties - so wonder why the need was there for thread to be restarted??

Best of luck anyway with the wedding and the house...

Just pointing out that self builds are expensive too..AND so are weddings,she doesnt really seem to have her priorits in order.

Sorry wexfordguy, I really think you're just looking for a reaction at this point- I'm not biting. My priorities are just fine.Don't know why the whole thread was revived 5 months later either.

Well it was still on the board..you didnt close the thread by saying " gonna get a granny flat attatched to me mother's house for nothing" so i assumed the mortage question stood..unless you're physicaly going to build it yourself?

I don't think the rules of the forum state that every member has to close every thread including all the details of their circumstances. Even though you've gotten it wrong again in your last post through not reading the whole thread and details I gave already fully-I'm not correcting/ responding to your threads anymore.

Michelle.

Wexfordguy said:
Well it was still on the board..you didnt close the thread by saying " gonna get a granny flat attatched to me mother's house for nothing" so i assumed the mortage question stood..unless you're physicaly going to build it yourself?

Only moderators can close threads.

Thread locked by CCOVICH-going nowhere-fast.

Interesting that msmyth and Wexfordguy are posting from the same IP address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back