Dealing with HSE since 2018 to get my pension correct and it is still wrong??

Whitey499

I have about 8 years service in HSE and am mid 50s. I can take the pension from 60. It's not much, but I have other pensions. However, since 2018, I am dealing with them to try and gather my various services from all the HSE places I worked - it was part-time work mostly. One place told me they could not give me my pension details as it was all on microfiche in 2001 to 2003. The when they eventually, after 18 months, managed to get my pension contributions for those years, while liaising with HSE Pension Service, the HSE Pension Service, after writing several letters detailing all my service and HSE employers, sent the wrong information to my final HSE Employer who will be giving me my pension at 60 - and I am still missing 3 years. I have emailed and written to both the HSE Pension Service and the last HSE employer who will be giving me my pension at 60, and am still waiting for a reply. Is it time to go to Pension Ombudsman at this stage. I don't mean to be over the top, but working for the HSE was traumatic enough - I don't thankfully work for them anymore - without having to go through this to sort out a meagre pension. Should I contact the Pension Ombudsman? I am really upset about it all at this stage!

For public sector bodies in this case the FPSO can only give a slap on the wrist. The legal obligations on PS pension providers to give information to recipients are very weak anyway.

It might be worth a complaint to the FPSO to light a rocket under the HSE. I made an FPSO complaint about a PS body I have preserved pension rights with. They got very responsive and apologetic once I did this.

Read very carefully the requirements on FPSO website first. Crucially, you need to have asked to make an internal appeal with the HSE first, and for them to have either rejected or ignored it. Otherwise the FPSO will not entertain you.

Back