Davy ROI GPS Long Term Growth Fund

Dan_The_Man

Any experience with Davy ROI GPS Long Term Growth and/or dealing with Davy in general?

Specific to this Davy ROI GPS Long Term Growth ..how do fee's (1.51%) and performance (see link) stack up against similar funds?

What's the institutional risk here ...where are the funds actually held?
Note early exits fee waived for Davy Private Clients and Davy Select Clients (confirmed I qualify for this)
I plan to invest a lump for 8 years approx (mortgage paid off and pensions contributions max'd out and rainy day fund in place)

Last edited:
1.51% AMC is expensive.
There are much cheaper options available elsewhere.
Many of them mentioned in existing threads here.

For an 8 year investment timeframe you should at least consider buying shares directly given the lower costs and more favourable tax treatment (CGT versus exit/8 yearly deemed disposal taxation).

1.51% is typical for an advised investment solution from a competent advisory firm even in the USA which is a far more developed market than Ireland.

Investing in ireland is actually quite difficult to do well and in my experience DIY investing should generally be discouraged in many if not most circumstances.

It’s not that the investment part is that difficult, sure anyone can open a De Giro account and buy an ETF. It’s the taxation rules which make it difficult to achieve an appropriate investment strategy, consistent with an investor’s objectives and at sensible risk, at reasonable cost and obtain an optimum taxation outcome.

It’s tempting to have a crack yourself to save money on professional advice but we have been able to find errors and mistakes and suggest alternative strategies and improvements to every single clients portfolio we have met from Askaboutmoney over the last decade or so.

“It’s unwise to pay too much, but it’s worse to pay too little.” Ruskin

www.Everlake.ie

Last edited:
It’s not that the investment part is that difficult, sure anyone can open a De Giro account and buy an ETF.
Nobody mentioned ETFs so that's a bit of a non sequitur and a FUD factor in my opinion.
My view is that somebody buying something like Berkshire Hathaway, or a similar already diversified conglomerate stock, and sitting on it could well be better off that paying somebody for their claimed expertise in predicting the future with regard to stock picking and active trading.

Nobody mentioned ETFs so that's a bit of a non sequitur and a FUD factor in my opinion.
My view is that somebody buying something like Berkshire Hathaway, or a similar already diversified conglomerate stock, and sitting on it could well be better off that paying somebody for their claimed expertise in predicting the future with regard to stock picking and active trading.
You mentioned and I quote “
Many of them mentioned in existing threads here.”

So none of these reference ETFs?

I read it as being specific to (investment) funds, because that's the title of the post.

The average advisor service AMC is circa 1.25% for a mixed/multi asset fund and that would include 0.05% in other ongoing costs.

DIY isn't bringing that average down, as it's a very small market, so it's likely that the range is more like 1% to 1.5%

Gerard

www.bond.ie

Last edited:
1.51% AMC is expensive.
Many of them mentioned in existing threads here.

For an 8 year investment timeframe you should at least consider buying shares directly given the lower costs and more favourable tax treatment (CGT versus exit/8 yearly deemed disposal taxation).
Thanks for reply...'Many of them mentioned in existing threads here' ...there's quite a lot info/posts to work through on this site ..can you recommend one good alternative fund to the Davy's one I should research further?

Back