Data Roaming Uk

Tesco mobile are terrible. I had to switch as the internet was so poor. Im still on them for calls on a different sim fitted into a gsm alarm dialler but the internet is unusable.
Vodafone is a much better network, better than Eir/Gomo , their internet is rock solid here and in the UK and not too expensive either on prepay, Vodax is 20 for unlimited internet (fast enough theres no buffering at 1080 when tethered)/texts and 100mins, I think its 30 for unlimited calls and texts and internet. I run a gomo sim in another slot on my phone( for unlimited calls @10e a month) so can compare the two.

Sorry for adding to this thread, but i’m in France, using Tesco Mobile, and can’t get Roaming Data even though I have a full allowance. Spent a fruitless day yesterday on Tesco Mobile Chat changing loads of things (APN....), none of which I ever needed to do before. Hubby on Gomo, no problems. Anyone got any idea why this is happening?

You can be on airplane mode and still connect to wifi - it is possible to do this on iPhone - this may have been the issue

Sorry for adding to this thread, but i’m in France, using Tesco Mobile, and can’t get Roaming Data even though I have a full allowance. Spent a fruitless day yesterday on Tesco Mobile Chat changing loads of things (APN....), none of which I ever needed to do before. Hubby on Gomo, no problems. Anyone got any idea why this is happening?
I'm with 48, who don't use 4g network for roaming. It's promised soon, I'm told. Best I can get is 3g - provided the operators in the country you're visiting haven't switched off their 3g network. Some EU countries have done this. I'm in Croatia at the moment and can't use data on my phone.
I wonder if Tesco Mobile are in the same situation?

I’ve successfully used my Tesco Mobile with DataRoaming in France for at least 4 years, until this year. So something has changed this year, Tesco Mobile gave me a new SIM card when I returned from France in June, having had no Roaming data for the duration. Still not working.

I'm with 48, who don't use 4g network for roaming. It's promised soon, I'm told. Best I can get is 3g - provided the operators in the country you're visiting haven't switched off their 3g network. Some EU countries have done this. I'm in Croatia at the moment and can't use data on my phone.
I wonder if Tesco Mobile are in the same situation?
48 are useless for roaming - we were in Derry last week and couldn't even make calls unless we were connected to hotel wifi. Reported to 48 and no response.

It might, except Tesco Mobile installed a new SIM card in my phone last month to supposedly overcome this. No success.

Back