Damage to parked car

C

Csider

Came back to my car last night to discover some idiot had crashed into it and then driven off without leaving a note etc.

Very annoyed and I hope whoever did it suffers the same misfortune in the not too distant future.

In any event will a small claim for the damage affect future insurance premiums beyond loss of no claims bonus.

Thanks in advance

Do you have comprehensive cover? What is the claims excess? How much will the repair cost (roughly)? Do you have any no-claims-protection on your policy?

similar

Same or similiar thing happened to me.

NCD will step-back from 50% to 20%.

I specifically asked would my premium go up, as well as the loss of the No-Claims Bonus.

Both insurance staff said no.

By the way

Insurance companies are now obliged to provide details of your no claims bonus when renewal notices are issued, should you decide to change providers. If you have made a claim for any reason this is shown and the end result is you are tied to your current company as the proof required is 4 to 5 years without a claim (not no claims bonus).

Damaged bumper

I drove my car in to the side of another car in the Frascati Shopping centre a couple of years ago. The other car was not parked between the white lines properly so it was not really my fault. I drove away but noticed that my front bumper was damaged. To this day I regret not making a claim. Was your car parked properly?

Damaged bumper

On the assumption that the above is not the troll that it looks like...

> The other car was not parked between the white lines properly so it was not really my fault.

How do you come to that conclusion? Does that mean that if a car is not parked within a marked space (or there are no markings at all?) you can crash into it with impunity? I suspect that this is not the case... :\

Trolling

Methinks Miss Dunne is trolling - Wasn't it the same Miss Dunne who ?

Thanks

Thanks for the above. Will be out of pocket as a result.
I hope whoever caused the damage meets with a tougher obstacle next time they are parking.

When I renew my insurance next I will ask the insurance company for a quote on the basis of a €2000 excess as it does not seem worth it to claim for less than that.

are the best

Came back to my parked car to find a big dent in the side and a note under the wiper. It read:
"As I write this a small group of people are nodding approvingly at me under the assumption that I'm leaving my name and contact details.
"But I'm not."

Back