Daily Central Heating Usage

Like you all I am trying to find the most economical way to run our OFCH -
I am now trying to find the cheapest supplier of oil (Mayo/Galway) -
what is the average you pay per litre this month?
If this is the wrong thread please redirect me.
Thanks. Annamac

No, that site quotes for car fuel only. I need the litre price for Kerosene, which we use for our OFCH.
Thanks.

Hi Anna,

That site covers both car and home heating. If you go to the very bottom line of the site you will see that there are links to both. The site times out on the link to the home heating section so you will need link to it yourself. They split the survey between oil and kerosene. You go to the map and select the area you want to view.

Sueellen.

icantbelieve said:
I'm experimenting with heating periods at the moment, I previously used to have it come on at 6am until 9am when the kids would be getting up and out to school, then have it come on again at around 12pm with regular on/off until 10pm. However, what I found was that the house would go from periods of too cold to too hot so what I'm trying at the moment is to have the radiator temperature at the lowest the unit allows but from 6am to 10pm the system is set to be on for 30 minutes off for 15. I'm hoping that this means that running lower temperature rads for around 10 hours a day costs the same or less running fairly hot rads for at least 8 hours a day and at least now I don't have the temperature highs and lows.
I received my latest bill and this policy appears to have done the trick, my bill is about 20% less than that for the same period last year despite there having been a substantial increase in the price of gas during 2005. The only thing I now have to check out is whether the increased frequency of the boiler being powered on/off will cause detrimental wear and tear. Hopefully not as I wouldn't think there are that many moving parts but I don't know for certain.

Honeywell CM Zone

Hi, has anyone looked at this

I am building a kitchen extension and underfloor heating is installed. Thinking of getting this installed for the existing gas fire central heating system for the existing dwelling.
Only need to add controller, interface unit and TRVs - lots of TRVs.
Looks like an excellent idea - I was looking this for a few years (not actively) and this is the first time I have seen a product that fit exactly what I am looking for.

Just curious whether anyone has tried this already?

Mine is over 300 this bill. Last year is around 200+. + 25% increment on the rate. And we are adding an extension to the house so the house is not sealed hence the over 300 bill. I think.

Hello Toby,

For what it's worth. We have 2 valves fitted to the central heating pipes in the kitchen kitchen.(one on the pipe leading to the upstairs rads and the other on the pipe leading to the downstairs rads) One turns on/off the radiators downstairs, and the other turns on/off the radiators upstairs. So everything can be regulated from downstairs. I can't believe that's it's a big job to have these fitted. But then I'm a woman and to me nothing seems too difficult.:D We also have our thermostat located in the room that we use most, i.e. the livingroom, because to us it's best that the heating suits the room we use most.
This may not be much help to you.....it's just my tuppence worth.
good luck

Back