Cut power cord on hedge trimmer

beetroot

Hi, Was in a trimming frenzy at the weekend and before I knew it I had cut the power cord on my Black & Decker (not all the way through). Just wondering if it is only fit for the bin or can they be fixed? Thnanks.

The quickest way to fix it would be to cut either side of the tear and joint up the wires using an electrical joiner (similar to those used when connecting light fitting to wires in the ceiling), however this is the not the safest method as the connectors would take very little strain. The other way would be to replace the entire cord, a vist to you local DIY shop might find someone willing if you dont want to attempt it yourself.

Just a suggestion but you can get a mini plug and socket type connector (usually used on table lamps). Strip back one end of cable, fit the "Plug", strip other end and fit the "socket". A lot cheaper than replacing the cable. However this solution may not be the safest if there's a possibility of moisture getting in there.If the break is near the strimmer you could open it up and rewire or if near the original plug try that.

You can get waterproof plug and socket connectors in most DIY / Builders Providers places.

Back