Customs on wedding dress?

mollie_bud

Hi,

I am thinking of buying my wedding dress online from America. Can anyone give me a rough idea of how much the customs duty would be on this and when or how do I pay it? Dress is roughly around $600. Thanks!

Customs duty is typically low, maybe 12%, but maybe less.

VAT at 21% on non-EU imports.

An Post fee of 5 or 6 euro.

I paid 85 euro to the postman. I'd say the dress cost 400-600 USD, but can't be sure of that.

Thanks Protocol, dress arrived and it cost €146 for customs which was a lot considering I only paid €550 including delivery charges but it still worked out a few hundred cheaper than buying it here! Thanks for your reply

loads of places you can buy depending on what designer you are after. Try weddingsonline.ie for reviews etc

Sorry Nicky K, haven't been on in a while-up to 90 with wedding plans! I bought my dress from www.bestbridalprices.com and found them fantastic to deal with. I got my shoes and veil from them too. I'm not using the veil simply because my sister-in-law to be has given me hers as my something borrowed and it's longer than the one I ordered so it's a bit better with the dress. The shoes are perfect though, and they dyed them to match the dress for me for free. They had an offer at the time where they gave $50 off the shoes and $120 off the veil. This offer seems to be on most of the time and they also sometimes offer free international delivery if you spend over a certain amount. I paid around $150 I think for the delivery. No afiliation with them but just thought they were great to deal with, I emailed them about a million times before I ordered as I was nervous about ordering online and it not arriving on time or being as described but they always got straight back to me and the dress arrived on the date they specified. I ordered on the 5th Oct and it came on the 22nd-it wouldn't usually be that quick but the manufacturer happened to have my size and colour in stock so it didn't have to be made after I ordered. Enjoy your shopping and best of luck!

Back