Curtain poles - different and reasonable priced?

M

Monkey0804

I'm looking for plain and inexpensive curtain poles, unfortunately for very large windows (need 3m pole). I can only find the black curtain poles everywhere and don't like the very much. Any others that are anyway different cost a small fortune.

Was considering using cooper piping, which I think would look great (for light cotton curtains) but can't find a support/s or end piece that would match/suit.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Saw on a DIY programme recently, they bought copper cups and soldered them onto the end of the copper pipes!

Don't know if it's of any use to you...............

Can you get hold of a load of aul 2p?

Completely off the wall I know

Bear in mind that copper oxidises and will tarnish big time unless you are willing to polish a hell of a lot. And if you are polishing a hell of a lot near curtains you'll get polish on the fabric and make This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language of them...

Didn't think of that!

Thanks - never thought of the cooper tarnishing. Anywere else I can check out reasonable priced curtain rails?

Re: Didn't think of that!

Saw copper coloured poles, 3m in length in Homebase over the weekend. Also Woodies have a good selection. Atlantic Homecare cheaper but not as good selection..they had wooden poles for 11.99, very cheap, not sure if they went to 3m, check their website?
Also great homeware shop in the Royal Liver Retil pk on Kylemore Rd have good selection!!!

(moving house, hence all the groundwork done!!)

Back