CSO: 9 out of 10 deaths from Covid in over 65's.

In the US it was lower, closer to 80%.
200,000+ out of 1 million were under 65.

If you look at the age profile of the covid patients who pulled through here with ICU and hospital treatment, you will see large proportion of 55-64 year olds.

In the US it was lower, closer to 80%.
200,000+ out of 1 million were under 65.

If you look at the age profile of the covid patients who pulled through here with ICU and hospital treatment, you will see large proportion of 55-64 year olds.

There are more obese younger people in the US and obesity is by far the biggest risk contributor to ending up in hospital or dying.

There are more obese younger people in the US and obesity is by far the biggest risk contributor to ending up in hospital or dying.
The figures I saw for the US was that for under 65s 80% had a pre-existing condition. I didn't see the breakdown per condition but obsesity \ diabetes \ high blood pressure is in that group.

The figures I saw for the US was that for under 65s 80% had a pre-existing condition. I didn't see the breakdown per condition but obsesity \ diabetes \ high blood pressure is in that group.
Info from Science Magazine here.
It's not PC to say it because it's fat shaming etc but obesity a long running pandemic in many Western Countries.
It costs nearly $200 billion a year in the US (20% of their health spend) alone and accounts for 18% of all deaths there. It cost us billions a year too.

Back