CRO Strike voluntary off

Froggie

I am about to start the process of having my business struck off. I have a few questions for you quys. Can I make my application by email or does it have to be by post? I am 2 years behind in my accounts so will they have to be 2 seperate filings or can I bunch the 2 in together? My company has not shown a profit and now owes me €60k plus in directors loans(which it can never pay) can I claim tax relief on this. Heeeeellllp!

PS sorry about the sloppy title, too late when I noticed it. Frog.

Last edited:
It does not make sense to apply by email as your application must be accompanied by an original letter from Revenue as well as other items. You will not be allowed to avail of the voluntary strike off procedure unless and until your accounts & CRO returns are brought fully up to date. As your accounts are in arrears, you are also compelled to have the accounts formally audited by a registered auditor. It sounds that you will be facing considerable costs in CRO late filing fees and auditors professional fees before you can even start applying for strikeoff.

The best bit of advice, and most frequent, I was given when I was starting my business was: "Get a good accountant, they are worth their weight in gold" I didnt and I have paid the price. BTW Ubiquitous, due to our turnover we have to have our accounts audited anyway.

Hi Froggie,

While ensuring you have a good accountant it may also be worth while getting the advice of a tax consultant given your current situation.
In the meantime some midnight reading on company formations etc can be got on:

[broken link removed]
www.cro.ie

Enjoy!

Back