Credit Unions and the Almighty.

Groucho

The missus received an AGM notification from her local Credit Union recently.

The second page contained the following:

CREDIT UNION INVOCATION
Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love; for it is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Amen

We were surprised by this, and wonder whether this is the norm for Credit Unions and, if so, is there some historic church-credit union link?

We're also worried that, being agnostic, my missus might be excommunicated by the Credit Union and her funds seized for bad behaviour! Can anyone reassure her please. :p

That prayer is recited at the beginning of every credit union meeting, unless a board abandons it!

Thanks.

I trust that the Central Bank keeps a stern eye on every Credit Union to ensure that this essential process isn't overlooked!

“Mission statement of leading bank” said:
We are empowered to take ownership and trusted to do the right thing to support our customers, colleagues and communities. We lead by example and challenge ourselves and each other to do our best work at all times. We learn from our mistakes and celebrate our successes together.

We are empowered to take ownership and trusted to do the right thing to support our customers, colleagues and communities. We lead by example and challenge ourselves and each other to do our best work at all times. We learn from our mistakes and celebrate our successes together.
@Duke of Marmalade, I really hope they don't actually believe that. It's when people and organisations believe their own propaganda that they are at their most dangerous.

Back