Credit Rating

liteweight: yes i did mean prime my bad!

roxy: i will actually try them first, i just assumed (maybe wrongly) it was a no go.

You really should, all they can say is no, but as I say - you never know! Good Luck with it all.

if it's any comfort Jenny I had all sorts of financial troubles when I was on trainee's wages and missed several payments on a loan.It's all been repaid almost five years ago and I had paid off other loans since but I had no trouble getting a mortgage with a primelender even though they did comment on the missed payments in the past.

Really?? thats good to know so, he cleared them about a year and a half ago i think.

Hi JennyD,

Have belatedly come across this thread and was curious to know how things have progressed for you and the bf. For what its worth, I had some very dubious debt issues a number of years ago where not only did I miss payments, but the loan was eventually written off to a credit recovery agency, who finally got their pound of flesh. A very sorry episode in all and one which weighted very heavfily over me so much. Anyway, I subsequently applied for and was given a substantial car loan and thereafter a very sizable mortgage. Although my circumstances had improved in the interim, the 5 years purging period had not elapsed so I was a little stunned (to say the least) that not only did I secure the mortgage with such blemishes on my record, but none of this was ever even mentioned..?
Just goes to re-iterate what others may have suggested.. stick your neck out and ask, you may be surprised too?

Good luck

I got an ICB report recently and it only had 2 years history on it. Maybe that was the reason you got treated reasonably?

Following all the comments here on AAM, I requested a check on my credit history recently.

I gave them all the address that I've ever lived in in Ireland, but the report did not include a credit card that I have with BOI or my mortgage with Ulster Bank.

Credit card I would have expected to see there. Should the mortgage have been there as well?

Also, the credit card I have for 10 years and haven't missed a payment. Am I losing out a little in that positive credit history not being there - considering that I only have my 2nd credit card for 6 months?

Can't you ask them to correct any errors or omissions on your credit history records?

Can't you ask them to correct any errors or omissions on your credit history records?

I suppose I was giving this more as information rather than anything else. However, have just checked that now. Apparently not - must go through the financial institutions concerned.

If you find a mistake in your report, ask your lender to write to the ICB with details of the change, and request a copy of their letter......Please note: ICB cannot change your credit report unless a lender requests it to do so in writing.

Following all the comments here on AAM, I requested a check on my credit history recently.

I gave them all the address that I've ever lived in in Ireland, but the report did not include a credit card that I have with BOI or my mortgage with Ulster Bank.

Credit card I would have expected to see there. Should the mortgage have been there as well?

Also, the credit card I have for 10 years and haven't missed a payment. Am I losing out a little in that positive credit history not being there - considering that I only have my 2nd credit card for 6 months?

I also had the same thing, neither a Bank of Ireland loan that i had or the bank of ireland Credit card showed up on mine.

also had the same thing, neither a Bank of Ireland loan that i had or the bank of ireland Credit card showed up on mine

I thought very few credit cards are reported on the ICb with the exception of MBNA?

I thought that most or all CC providers only reported missed payments and not just the existence of a CC credit agreement? Unlike other loans?

Oasis said:
Credit cards and credit history

From July 2004, credit card companies have the option of supplying more information on credit card repayments to the ICB. In the past, information was mainly supplied by the lenders only where credit cards were revoked or cancelled. Now lenders have the option of supplying full information regarding opening and closing balances to the ICB. Your card repayment performance will be measured by the ICB on a monthly basis but due to the nature of credit cards, you will also receive an additional 30 days before negative information about your record is recorded.

Seems it's optional for additional information on CCs to be added.

The ICB obtains its data from the lenders, the reason your data did not appear on the report is because Neither BOI nor UB returned the data to ICB. The lenders who are members of ICB have a responsibility to ensure any loans or debts not repaid within the agreed time, or have arrears are recorded on the ICB. if you had arrears then both BOI and UB would have forwarded this data on to ICB.

Also, the credit card I have for 10 years and haven't missed a payment. Am I losing out a little in that positive credit history not being there - considering that I only have my 2nd credit card for 6 months
?

Not really, when a lender does an ICB check it is to ensure there are not any arrears or judgments. You can supply your own statement showing all repayments have been met on any loans you have.
I got an ICB report recently and it only had 2 years history on it. Maybe that was the reason you got treated reasonably?

if you have met all repayments on a loan and the details are recorded on ICB then generally it will show the last 24 payments, if however you had arrears in say 2002, then the ICB will show repayments for the last 60 payments, ( 5 years) so that the arrears from 2002 ( 4 years ago) are shown.

Back