Credit history in the UK - does this affect mrtg app here

P

Pots

My partner and I want want to buy a house together. He is ten years older (37) and originally from the UK (moved three years ago). We have rented a house together for the last two years. We both have reasonably good salaries - he earns at least €33k in a year and I (a civil servant) €45k this year. I have a small car loan and am paying off the tail-end of a personal loan. We have a small credit union savings account but nothing huge - 100% mortgage would be our only option.

My partner has credit card debt in the UK and is currently making payments to collection agencies - by cash in the UK each month. The debt is currently around £13k(stg).

I met with First Active a year ago and was told that they may or may not go into my partner's credit history in the UK.

Has anyone out there had similar experiences and do you know what bearing overseas credit history has on mortgage applications here?

Tks.

I work in the financial area and certainly know that any credit check I do does not return any UK info. Unless other banks have access to UK credit bureau sites I doubt if they can get this info. However, if I was the mortgage advisor I would be asking what other committments you both have and examining past six months bank statements carefully to identify any regular payments that may be to loans. I'm not suggesting you should be dishonest but if there is nothing on your partners statements to suggest he has repayment committments it's unlikely the bank will know from credit check.

Back