Credit cards for non-resident

deselby

Planning to move back to Ireland shortly and will need a credit card. Anyone aware of any credit card providers who would open up an account for a current non-resident?

I've been overseas for a long time. Has anyone in a similar position encountered difficulties opening an account on their return?

The thing that might cause you problems is not having a bank account here. Once you have a bank account that should make things easier.

you dont say where you are, if in uk could you not get one there before you come back and online like egg, and use it for a while from here until irish bank account sorted.

Thanks - I'm living is SE Asia and will have to surrender current cards on leaving.

Sounds like I'll have to open a bank account first when I get back.

deem said:
you dont say where you are, if in uk could you not get one there before you come back and online like egg, and use it for a while from here until irish bank account sorted.

It isn't any use to the OP anyway but even if it was that could prove expensive. Unless the person taking out the credit card had savings in the UK they could use to pay the credit card bills they could end up paying FX margins twice, once when they purchase items in Ireland for Euros on a sterling credit card and once when they convert their Euros to Sterling every month to pay the bill.

Back